Inn on the Blue Horizon

Search

Inn on the Blue Horizon

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inn on the Blue Horizon

Has anyone been here on Vieques? Looking for info.
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 05:32 PM

We were in Vieques the end of Oct 2003 and end of Feb 2004. Stayed at Wyndham Martineau Bay both times but each time ate at Inn on the Blue Horizon. Had very good meals. Talked with someone who was staying there. It is very small only about 12 rooms and she said the rooms were very small and somewhat expensive. They have a small pool but I don't believe there is beach access. It is rather high on a hill. I posted two Vieques trip reports on Caribbean-on-line.com puerto rico forum. One is around 4 nov 2003 and the other around 7 march 2004. You will have to go into the archives to find them
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 04:36 PM

i stayed there last winter. The rooms arent that small, the pool is nice, and the place is pretty quiet. you can walk down to the water, but the shoreline is rocky (no beach). A little pricey there, but probably worth it if you cant get into Martineau
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 05:49 AM
msb

We stayed at the Wyndham Martineau Bay in May 2004 and loved it. We did stop by the Inn at the Blue Horizon to check it out. We were not impressed. It seemed a bit run down. We didn't see any of the rooms though. We were happy we chose the Wyndham.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 05:15 AM

My wife and I are planning a trip to the caribbean this summer. We've found the Inn On The Blue Horizon on Vieques through several sources and were about to book for dates in July.
However, we've fond numerous references to problems at the Inn. Things such as the restaurant and bar fire, a listing showing the Inn for sale and many postings critical of the condition and service at the Inn.
Does anyone have recent first hand experience at the IOBH? We need to make a decision fast. Thanks!
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:08 AM

eochief,
We did not stay at Blue Horizon but very close by. We ate at the bar a few times and it was very good and a great location. They did have a big fire in the restaurant in Feb/March and it has not been restored yet. If you email me directly, I can give you some helpful info on places to stay. I would not stay at Wyndham Martineau Bay unless you like resort-type lodging. We didn't stay there (we prefer small private inns) but did not like the location or the "walled in" feel of the place. Vieques is a gem. You will love it. Please email me for more info on lodging, etc. Sharon
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:09 AM

SharonDi
Thanks for the advice. Due to extemely short time frame we have left, we've decided on Bravo instead.
We're not looking for a major resort either. The small, intimate character Vieques seems to offer is just what we're looking for!
Comments on Bravo?
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:41 PM
ccc

Haven't stayed at Bravo but think it's fine. Would also suggest you look at Hix Island House and Hacienda Tamarindo. Tamarindo is right next to the Inn on the Blue Horizon. Hixis a very special place for the right kind of person (not everyone). Check out reviews on TripAdvisor.com
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:24 AM

eochief,
Bravo looks very nice. We stayed on the Esperanza side of Vieques although we spent quite a bit of time in Isabel. Just be sure to do a biobay trip while you're there. It is an absolutely amazing experience. Unforgetable. We also thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Chef Shack.
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 01:00 PM

I just got back and popped in the Inn to check it out. It looked really nice - bar, view, grounds, pool. We didn't see any of the rooms though. The restaurant and bar are closed indefinitely though....
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 10:20 AM

There are some really poor reports on trip advisor regarding the Blue Horizon. Also, the restaurant had a fire and is closed until mid-december so forget about eating dinner here.
I am looking at booking at Casa La Lanchita instead? Anyone stayed here?

Paul