Reload this Page >

Info on RIU Tropical Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 04:05 PM
Jay

Any info on RIU Tropical Bay hotel in Negril? It's an all inclusive that we got a great deal on... Anything to watch out for.

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 08:46 AM
PAM

we stayed next door at couples recently, and walked over to RIU to check it out. It looked amazing - we wished we would have stayed there! can't comment on the service or food, but the property is beautiful on a gorgeous stretch of beach. talked to people on our flight who stayed there, and said their rooms were really lovely. have a great time!

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 01:04 PM
JAY

Thanks. Does anyone know about the children population there. I received my tickets and they mention children go free! YIKES. That does not sound relaxing, and my travel agent did not mention this tidbit.

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Norma

I stayed there in Aug. and had a great time. Brand new resort, very clean, rooms a decent size. The great rate is for there first year to get the word out. Alchole is top brands, you have a mini fridge and alchole disspencer in your room with 4 bottles of name brand along with mixers and red strip in fridge. Not that many kids, a good mix of family, singles and couples. Service was great. I would sugest flying to Negril on Tim's Air rather than the 2 hour bus ride over roads under construction. Night life weak, but you will be tired if you go on many day trips. Beach is one of the best in the world. I would go back again. The main dining room is large, they have 3 other resturants. Swim up bar the best place to have a frozen drink. Blue Ocean was my favorite.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 08:07 AM
JAY

Thanks Norma, I'm glad to hear you had a good experience there. I've been reading about the hideous drive. Where can I find info on Tim's Air? We are going on a package so the bus ride is included, but if air is reasonable we might do that instead.

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 05:34 AM
curious

Jay, May I ask where you got the great deal? Can you give me the website? I am, much to your dismay, looking for a nice AI that discounts children. Thanks for your help!

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 10:19 AM
Norma

Jay, Tim's Air is at [email protected] or www.timair.net. As far as the good rate I went through my travel agent and they booked it through Apple Vacations. From Orlando we did not take there charter air service and flew Air Jamaica. We got a great deal. You can look up www.tropicalbaynegril.com. I do think kids are free with paying adult. Kids were not a problem in Aug. and should be less so when school is back open.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 08:58 AM
JAY

I got the deal through Vacation Hotline. I'm out of Chicago, my cost was $849/@ for 7 nights including air. Website is vacationhotline.net. <BR><BR>Thanks Norma for the Tim's air info.

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 08:31 AM
Barry

Just back from RIU in Negril ..It is a winner...GREAT BEACH...STAFF FRIENDLY AND RESPONSIVE...Food ok ... but it is only my 2nd experience with an all-inclusive Breakfast was great...lots of selections at both lunch and dinner..Room was large and the staff kept it clean...nice small air-conditioned gym...i hope to go back soon...highly suggest spending the extra $60.00pp and take the Air Jamacia flight ..it is 15 minutes each way and the 2hour bus ride is not fun .only open since March so the prices for a week seems reasonable....