Reload this Page >

Info on Jalousie Hilton

Search

Info on Jalousie Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 08:00 PM
Jeff

Info on Jalousie Hilton

I have been been trying to plan the dream honeymoon in St. Lucia. We have decided to stay @ the Hilton, although we have not made reservations yet. I am waffling with a couple of decisions. First, it sounds like there are three rooms available. Sugar Mill Villas, Villas and Villa suites. I had thought that we might go with the regular Villas, but the Sugar Mill Villas sound tempting. Any experiences, or advice? Also, we have decided to go without all-inclusive. Possibly a mistake? Any other experiences @ the Hilton welcome.

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 03:10 PM
Ann

We stayed at the Hilton last fall and loved the property and island so much we are going back this year. I am not familiar with the Sugar Mill Villas. Our villa was a perched up on a mountain with a great view of the water and lush trees. I know there are Sugar Mill rooms but they are closer to the beach and not as remote as the other villas. Our one bedroom villa was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was huge and the plunge pool was great. We did not go all-inclusive because we like to venture out and taste all the local cuisine. The Bayside Restaurant on the beach was very good and we ate most of our lunches there. The resort is absolutely spectacular and the service outstanding. Have a great time!

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 05:49 PM
jeff

Went to Sandals and the Hilton for our honeymoon. Loved both. <BR> <BR>We also stayed in a room with a plunge pool. It was amazing. Ask in advance for a more private plunge pool (one where none of your neighbors can see in). The place was beautiful!!! <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 04:54 AM
Beth

We are also going to the Jalousie for our honeymoon (end of may/early June). For those who have been before, what are good local places to visit (including restaurants) and also any must do's for day trips? We are planning on seeing the rainforest, but aren't sure if it's worth venturing up north to castries or not. ANY and ALL info welcome and greatly appreciated. I'll be sure and post a review when I return to give you additional information Jeff!

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 06:52 AM
lisa

Beth: Good local restaurants are Dasheene at Ladera Resort (this place is a must -- reserve a table near the edge with a great view and be sure to get there before sundown so you can watch the sunset -- it's spectacular), the Hummingbird in Soufriere, and Bang between the Pitons which is a stone's throw from Jalousie Hilton. The beachside restaurants at the Hilton and at Anse Chastanet are great for lunch. Try the rotis -- they're delicious. The local beer, Piton, is good and inexpensive. The botanical gardens and waterfall in Soufriere are a must -- they are glorious. Also, snorkeling just off the beach at Anse Chastanet is another must -- take a water taxi and ask the boatman to point out the bat cave on the way. The volcano is interesting but not spectacular. A daytrip hiking in the rainforest with a guide is another must. I would skip Castries, personally.

Old Mar 9th, 2000, 05:59 AM
patty sonnenschein

Jalousie is GREAT. I would recommend the villas or suites and not sugar mill. Sugar mill rooms are near the beach but the others are much more private. I would definitely get plunge pool. It was great!!!!!!!!very private. The shuttles take you to the main dining/beach areas so because the resort is built into the mountain side and is bery spread out. The shuttles come every couple minutes. Tough call on all inclusive issue. Food is very expensive. I would bring snacks because resort doesnt have much in the way of vending or snack type food. We did two day trips one to Soufrie and one to catries via Water taxi(i.e boat) Go early to castries becasue markets close at 4:00 i think. Also you can get better deal on water taxi if you approach driver on your own. (they all hange out on beach near Jalouie property. you can bargain. We went with other couple we met to bring cost down. Final thought, since its your honeymoon consider taking helicopter from airport. The drive in is long/tedious. It was a real special way to start Hmoon. Any questions email me at [email protected] Have fun!!

Old Mar 25th, 2000, 10:03 PM
Jane

We were there last August and it is a really wonderful resort. I would go for a villa with plunge pool as they are very private, quiet and romantic. The villa rooms are huge and very comfortable and well furnished and as a previous post notes you can call a shuttle on demand and there really is no hassle in going around this beautiful resort. I would go for all inclusive myself, we thought it was a very good deal indeed and were happy to eat out a couple of times to try different places and still felt it was excellent value for money. Unlike someplaces the all inclusive deal covers room service meals, a la carte meals in any of the restaurants [inlcuding the main expensive restaurant] all bars, poolside service etc. and you can even freely order drinks by the dozen and stock up your patio fridge to the hilt for those pre dinner drinks. We personally found it very relaxing not having to keep a check on how much we were spending all the time. We had a great time, make sure you try the snorkelling of the Jalousie beach it is fab.