Reload this Page >

In need of Carribean destination suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 05:36 AM
Jenny

Hello all, <BR>My boyfriend and I are planning a tropical trip for early March, but we're having a hard time deciding where to go. Right now we're leaning toward the Bahamas. We are both 23 but want to avoid crazy spring break crowds. We would like to lay on the beach all week, snorkle a little, eat good food and be surrounded by beauty. I know such a place is out there somewhere, but your suggestions and/or help in narrowing down the field would be great. Thanks in advance!

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 06:20 AM
Anon

I'd rethink the Bahamas, in March it might be chilly. To be safe, pick an island farther south.

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 08:21 AM
Lara

Weather in March should be OK in Bahamas, but *lots* of Spring breakers in Nassau/Grand Bahama/Paradise Island. <BR> <BR>You might want to try the out islands of the Bahamas. Beaches will be better on those islands as well.

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 05:41 PM
KIM(IN)

I have to agree with Anon we were there in Feb last yr and it was chilly, did not even go in the pool. We spent a week in Feb 1999 in Jamaica and it was 85 everyday I think I would consider somewhere more south for the warmth and son. Sandals Negril is a great place to go, huge beach 7 miles long and the snorkling is great and the food was very good.It also has a private island to go to for some cozy time. Email me if you like!

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 06:00 PM
Will

I was in Jamaica in Feb. and there were a couple of days where the wind was cool and so strong as to be uncomfortable. Negril was terrific, but I wouldn't go there in March due to the Spring Break crowd. Go further south... <BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 08:03 AM
Jackie

I went to the Bahamas in May 2 years ago and I have to say it was fantastic! I don't know what the weather is like in March, but we stayed on the Grand Bahama island just outside Freeport. It was lovely! I too am looking for a Caribbean getaway, possibly in the summer and am having a tough time making a decision as to where to go. good luck! Let me know what you decide!

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 09:06 AM
Travel Buff

Hi Jenny: <BR> <BR>I also agree about going farther S than the Bahamas. You did not metion which major airport you are closest too? That can have a HUGE impact on cost. If you are W of the rockies, maybe somewhere on the Baha peninsula would be good, and relatively inexpensive. E of the MS Jamaica is accessable. <BR> <BR>If you want to be away from the party crowds, try runaway bay in Jamaica, or even Ocho Rios. <BR> <BR>But whatever you do, buy yuor air SOON - March sells out QUICKLY. You could save a lot of money by putting off a month..... <BR> <BR>If you want to send me a mail I would be happy to help you look around <BR> <BR>Travel Buff <BR>VIP Discount Travel <BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 01:38 PM
rock

Hi Jenny, Negril is a great place for couples, Grand Lido Negril is very nice and they are strict on having spring breakers, normally spring breakers go to the Hedonism resorts in Jamaica. Grand Lida Braco is also a very nice property in Jamaica.

Old Dec 6th, 2000, 08:01 AM
Jenn

Depending on how much you want to spend I would say that Aruba is your best bet for weather. It is a constantly 85-90 all year. There are several less expensive places to stay but if you want a really great place but still casual GO TO THE RADISSON. It just had $55 million worth of renovations and is one of the nicest places on the island. Snorkeling was great at Baby Beach and De Palm Island and you could take trips out to shipwrecks to snorkel from a catamaran. In downtown it was very clean and everyone is so nice. Just make sure you wear 30 sunblock!!!

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 03:13 PM
Donna

Try the BVI of Tortola. Went there last year and loved it. Very laid back. Did alot of snorkleing and had a great time. Stayed at Frenchmens Cay.