Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

In Aruba, has anyone made it to the natural pool in there jeep?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:40 AM
S

H anyone attempted and made it to the natural pool in there jeep? We've tried a couple of times and never made it.<BR><BR>I'd like to hear the stories.<BR><BR>S

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Vince

I was not too impressed with the natural pool or the natural bridge. getting there is no picnic. Vince

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:45 AM
anon

THEIR jeep.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:46 AM
S

We almost flipped our jeep several times, and then I finally made my husband turn around. So we did not miss anything??<BR><BR>We were soooo close, but yet sooo far away. We were following another couple and then we decided to take a different road (if that is what you want to call them). And before long you could see there jeep down at the pool and we were stuck almost in a HUGE hole. It was very scary.<BR><BR>Still...it is something I want to conquer. ha ha<BR><BR>Sue

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 12:33 PM
tropigal

made it there and back in a Jeep Wrangler with no trouble...just took it slow and easy. watched a guy in a 4-dr sedan try it...VERY bad choice! going on horseback looked like fun too. stop at the top for a drinking coconut.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Island Girl

My husband and I tried twice to get to the Natural Pool. The first time, we gave up. The second time, we got very detailed instructions from the Park Guide and was also fortunate to follow some other jeeps. We did make it the second time but it was a big let down when we got there. We said to each other: "All that trouble for this??"

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Ted

My wife & I made it in our rental Jeep. It was tough, but well worth the effort. It's best to travel to the Natl Pool alone and hope there's no tour group there. The pool is actually very small and "fills up" with people quickly. Getting there is half the fun! Good luck! <BR><BR>