Search

Iberostar Costa Dorada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 12:09 PM
jen

Iberostar Costa Dorada

Has anyone stayed at this hotel. I have heard mostly good things about it with the exception of difficulty making reservations for the restaurants. Also how is the beach. I have read lots of bad things about the Puerto Plata area beaches. I am starting to get a little worried. Maybe I should have gone to Punta Cana.

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 07:04 PM
Dennis

I read your message. We had plans to another resort that just opened but the water pipes broke and all reservations are being canceled. They recommended 2 other resorts; the Iberostar and the Gran Ventana beach Resort. I have heard nothing about the beach conditions. What have you heard??? TX<BR>Dennis

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Neil

Yes, I have stayed there, and we are going back again this year. If you want to see some of our pictures, check out <BR><BR>http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/docdoc/trip.htm

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 02:21 PM
xxx

Great pictures Neil!!! I wasn't even considering this resort for our DR trip this winter until I saw your pictures. Is there resort close to a town?

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 12:58 PM
jean

well i hope i caught you in time. my hubby is dominican, and each year for 4 years we go there 2-3 times. always to Bavaro - the iberostar is amazing. beautiful grounds, service is excellent and quite, calm beaches. punta cana is a very carribean little town, that is suprising. i also recommend any melia resort - we just stayed at the one at bavaro. also, top picks would be la romanna and juan dolio. puerto plata beaches are supposed to be ok - i love bavaro - beautiful - and the people are really accomodating.