Reload this Page >

Iberostar Bavaro or Riu Bambu?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 02:26 PM
Laurie

Any advise you may have in helping me to decide which of these two properties in Punta Cana for me to choose for the early part of April would be appreciated. Both have wonderful reviews in Debbies Dominican Report, but just wondering if anyone out there has to add?<BR>Thank you.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 04:20 PM
traveler

Cannot comment on the Iberostar, but we stayed at the Riu Palace which is next door to the Riu Bambu---we found the Palace too formal for us, so checked out the Bambu, asked guests if they liked it, etc. & would certainly choose it next time. The corwd is definitely younger at the Bambu & possibly less European guests, altho still alot as in all of DR. You can use the facilities at the Palace, but not the dining room.The Place is almost 6 or 7 years old now, the Bambu 3? The beach in front of the 2 Rius is awesome---I think voted one of the top 10 in the Caribbean--you can take long walks. It is definitely an isolated resort, so if that would bother you, the Iberostar may be in a more developed strip. Envy you!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 07:26 PM
MJ

If you want upscale, the Iberostar Bavaro, Riu Palace or Paradisus. The Sister Iberostars (Dominica and Punta Cana)and sister Rius (Bambu, I think there are two more-names escaping me right now) are more casual and should be less expensive. I loved the Bavaro and great food there and at the Paradisus but didn't eat at Rius.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 07:52 PM
bert

Highly recommend the Iberostar Punta Cana or Dominicana. We found the Bavaro a bit stuffy, but you are accommodated in villas .. same property but different dining rooms and bars. Although the Bavaro is supposedly the more upscale, we will go still back to the Punta Cana. I don't think it was worth the extra $ unless you can get a great deal. The Iberostar pools/grounds are wonderful and the beach area there is absolutely gorgeous. Friends stayed at the Riu, but after exploring the Iberostar booked it the next trip.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 02:01 PM
Laurie

Hi...thanks for your replies. The difference in price between the Iberostar Punta Cana and the Iberostar Bavaro is only $180.00 per person.<BR>I wonder if it's worth the difference in price?