Notices

I need recommendations!

Old Nov 28th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need recommendations!

My husband and I are looking to go to the carribean for two weeks next Oct or Nov. Any suggestions on which island to visit??? The only requirements are that it's warm, and that there is enough nightlife where we can party a few nights!
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 09:33 PM

Too many islands, too little time!

Where are you flying from?
What's your budget?
Are you looking for All-Inclusive?
Do you need a pool?
Do you want white sandy beaches?
Do you want to snorkel/dive/parasail?

There are so many islands in the Caribbean that with more info we could help you find your ideal vacation.

In the meantime try:
Bucuti Beach - Aruba
Idle Awhile, Negril - Jamaica
Jamaica Inn - Jamaica
Coral Gardens - Turks and Caicos Islands

All of these resorts are wonderful (We've stayed at all of them, which is why I'm recommending them) and are reviewed here on Fodors.

Good Luck! Any Questions?
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 09:37 PM

Hmm... I think T&C will be too quiet for you!

Old Nov 29th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses! We really have no budget, as we can trade our time share to just about anywhere. We would like to have enough nightlife to keep us busy in the evenings. Good beaches and a pool are a must. I dive, but it's not a 'must have' Good shopping, hiking, sightseeing, sailing, again, would be nice, but not a necessity. We're definitely NOT looking for a quiet getaway. There are days when we'll spend all day at the beach or pool, but we would get bored without lots of options and things to do. I do believe T & C would be kind of quiet - I went there a few years ago to the Club Med, but the rest of the island seemed pretty quiet!

What's Aruba like, and Jamaica, too...Is there enough activity to keep us interested for two weeks?
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM

Ok.. My point of view is that Aruba might be better for you - the public transport is wonderful, clean, regular and used by tourists and locals.

Jamaica - unless you stay in Negril on the beach where you can walk to restaurants and nightlife you will need to use cabs.

None of the resorts that I have suggested (to get you started - did you like any of them?) have good pools since the sea is so good.

Could I stay in Aruba or Jamaica for 2 weeks - to be honest, no!

Aruba is a very small island but if you enjoy gambling it might keep you entertained for 2 weeks.

Jamaica might be better but you would be dependent on taxis. You would be better trying 2 resorts.

From what you have posted T&C is not for you.

We don't need nightlife, pools or entertainment - and that's why we enjoyed Provo but after a week we were ready to leave!

Good luck in your search
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 02:45 AM

Oct./Nov. is still hurricane season. Aruba is considered to be farther from the hurricane zone and may be your safest bet. After all the storms this year, people have learned what Mother Nature can do!!
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Yikes! Maybe we need to take your advice and shorten the trip to a week each on two islands! I do like the idea of going to Aruba and also Jamaica. We don't gamble much, and I guess I could overlook the pool thing with the presence of such beautiful beaches! I also forgot about the hurricane thing, although you guys are right, the risk greatly diminishes in Aruba...Thanks Again!