Reload this Page >

Hyatt or Wndham St. Lucia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Kimberly Haimsohn

: I am planning a trip to St. Lucia this march. Was planning to stay at the Hyatt, but now have concerns that the hotel has gone into receivership and will be closing the day we check out. Thinking of switching to the Wyndham resort instead. Does anyone have recommendations on whether the Hyatt or Wyndham is nicer? if I should be concerned about the hotel closing on our last day?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Mary

Kimberly: I'm sure the Hyatt is a more exclusive and more expensive hotel. I've heard good and bad. The bad being that the food was very overpriced. The good being that it's a very beautiful resort. <BR><BR>A group of about 23 of us stayed at the Wyndham in 2000 and we had no complaints whatsoever. Okay, maybe one. The beach isn't the biggest and the water wasn't the clearest but the included water activities made up for it.<BR><BR>The food and service were very good, the grounds were very well maintained and landscaped. Top shelf liquor is included in the all inclusive rate as well as a large variety of blended tropical drinks. <BR><BR>The pool isn't big by "resort" standards but it has a volleyball net and by no means would I consider it small. There is also a "dry" volleyball net, horseshoes, tennis, and a life size chess board. I didn't go there but they have a putting green(s?) and a spa / hot tub room. <BR><BR>The nightly entertainment in the outdoor "lounge" kept us happy. Bring your own hairdryer if you'll be needing one. Weren't a lot of kids when we were there at the end of November (only three that I can remember). Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.