How to get from our cruise ship to Loterie farm

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be going to St Maarten on the Norwegian epic cruise. We would love to be able to go to Loterie Farm but our cruise line does not offer that as one of our outings. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 07:17 AM

Hi Diana,
You should be able to catch a cab from the ship dock to Loterie, and back again. There were cabs lined up waiting for people while we were at Loterie. Our friends LOVED the ziplining, and the restaurant is beautiful-very swanky. You can also hike the trails there and there is a kiddie rope course too (I'd say ages 7+). Enjoy!
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 02:10 PM

You can certainly get a cab to Loterie farm, just let them know and they will call a cab for you on the return. Be sure to plan for lunch there, and a swim in the new pool. One note: taxis in St. Maarten are regulated, with set fares,per ride, not per person. Don't let any driver tell you that those rates do not apply to your trip. Below is a link to the official rates. Have fun!
http://stmartin-guide.info/getting.around/taxis/
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 06:34 PM

One more important thing-make sure you get there in time for ziplining if you're planning on doing so-we caught the last zipline tour of the day.

loteriefarm.com

from their site:
Reservations
No reservation is possible for this activity, basically it's a first come, first serve basis. If you want to make sure there is space for you on the Fly Zone Extreme, just be sure to be here about 20 minutes before any of our departure times.

We have regular departure times for the extreme tour and they leave at 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2pm and the last tour is at 3:30pm.

Duration:
The Fly Zone Extreme usually takes about 90 - 120 minutes to complete from start to finish. Duration depends greatly on size of group as well as the fitness level of the participants.

Opening Hours:
TUES-SUN from 9am-3:30pm

We are closed every Monday.
Cost:
€55 per tour per person
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Original Poster

thank you so much for the information about the taxi. I was very happy to hear there are taxi waiting to take us back to our cruise port when we are done visiting Loterie Farm. I was worried that if i took a taxi there it would be extremely costly since i would have to have the cab wait for us while we had our fun. I was also thinking of trying to figure out about renting a car and driving to the farm. I have not figure that one out .. yet.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:18 AM

I would stick with the taxi idea for your excursion.