Search

How long is too long?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long is too long?

Is eleven days in Grand Cayman too long a stay for a couple who doesn't scuba dive? We snorkel a lot, but wonder if we will run out of things to do on the island.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 11:41 AM

I think so. Time goes quicker if you really like the water, which we do, but seven days was almost too long for us. We loved the food, but you can't eat 24/7. We did several snorkeling trips, and did the sub, went shopping, rented jetski's - and we had great weather - but we were ready to go home when our seven days were up. Plus, there isn't a lot of nightlife. We had an after-dinner drink every night and pretty much walked back to the hotel and called it a night.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the nice, practical reply, "Knowing"! It helped us decide to make the trip a little shorter.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 01:55 PM
Filter14

Hi! I respectfully disagree with eleven days being too long. As a non-swimmer(no laughing please), I still find seven days too short. Over the past 5 years we've been keeping it at ten days. We're taking it to eleven days next year and looking forward to every minute! On the other hand, ANY day in Grand Cayman is great. Enjoy yourselves!

Old Jan 31st, 2003, 03:25 PM

I have to agree with Filter14. We always go for 10 days and it's perfect. 7 days just isn't enough!! I never count the flying days, it's just too hectic. We don't scuba, we're just beach people, and this upcoming trip will be #27 to GC. I really don't think you'll be bored with 11 days. Have a great vacation.<BR>Sandy
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 06:42 AM

Can't imagine it being too long. Takes a couple of days to have island time click in and get oriented to the island. The best thing to do is to take time to enjoy and relax, snorkel, swim, beach it, shop a little, maybe take a side trip or two. The last day is going home day and the first arrival day with travel so you're already lost most of a couple of days if not all of them.
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 07:50 PM
cd

I think it depends on what you want in a vacation. I personally would not want that many days just to be on a beach without different places to go, new things to see, some discoveries to make and historical places to view. We love to sail and snorkel and a few days are great, but, for us, eleven would be too long.
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 09:07 AM

I really think that if you are afraid you'll be bored, you probably will be. For me, as long as I had the beach, the sun, my snorkel gear, some books to read, I could never get bored. <BR>If you need lots of activity and new things to see then perhaps split your vacation between GC and another destination. That way halfway through you'll have a new place to explore!<BR>Have a great time no matter what you decide!!