Reload this Page >

How do I get a good airfare?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:29 AM
Mary

I'm trying to book airfare for a trip in 2 weeks, and the price quoted by the airline is expensive ($575 RT). Does anyone know how I can get cheaper fares than those quoted by the airline? Both online and phone quotes are the same.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:44 AM
LuLu

Call your travel agent and if you buy a package you might get even better airfare.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 11:16 AM
lili

if your hours are flexible, try priceline.com

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 12:09 PM
Dolli

Where are you flying from and to. Try Apple vacations. You can use their charter air alone if you don't want the resort or hotel package.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 12:30 PM
Sandra

Try American Airlines. I get their last minute deals (e-mail) newsletter and saw $249 RT for a long weekend trip starting 10/11. <BR>Also saw $300 RT on travelocity via United. <BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:54 PM
Diane

Just saw that USAirways has $225 RT to Puerto Rico if you buy by Oct 4. Extra $10 off if you use the website. I'll tell you, the Southwest coast of Puerto Rico is absolutely gorgeous. That fare is from Philly, Pittsburgh or Charlotte, there is a $10-50 add on for other cities. Still quite amazing.