Reload this Page >

Hotels in Santo Domingo-Dominican Republic

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Dalia

My boyfriend and i will be going for the first time to the Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo can anyone recommend a nice hotel on the beach with a spa. For relaxation.....We are also looking for water activities, shopping, dancing, and good food!!!

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 05:17 AM
Sam

I suggest you check with your travel agent because to the best of my knowledge I don't think Santo Domgino has hotels directly on the beach. The closest would be the hotels in Boca Chica.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Parrot Mom

Sad to have to agree..as much as I love Santo Domingo there aren't any beaches... you must go to Boca Chica, Juan Dolio for water activities...or further out to Punta Cana, La Romana or Puerta Platta.. Will be booking a resort myself in Boca Chica so we can be close to the city this year..

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 02:52 AM
rqf

Since you want to go to the DR check out the many all-inclusive resorts on the island. YOu can find reviews for most at <BR>http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 05:45 AM
Howard

If you want to be in Santo Domingo, even if there is no beach, you can stay at one of the large hotels on the waterfront - these would have pools, or stay in one of the atmospheric hotels in the colonial section. If you wnat to be near S. Domingo, but on the beach - look at Boca Chica, as suggested above. If you wnat beach, and being near S. Domingo does not matter, you have the choice of a number of areas.