Search

Hotels in barbados ???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 02:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in barbados ???

Hello ,

We are looking to stay in a resort . We thought about Sandy Lane but thought there must be something High end but more quaint . We tried Coral Reef but it was booked . There are just two of us .....
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 05:43 AM
ellabella

Try the Fairmont Royal Pavillion, which is on the same stretch of beach as Sandy Lane, but felt very laid back yet still luxurious. All rooms have an oceanfront balcony. My husband I were there several nights on our honeymoon and loved it. There are excellent restaurants nearby as well.

Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 05:45 AM
ellabella

The Sandpiper, also near Sandy Lane and Fairmont, nearby looked very nice too.

Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:00 AM

Sandpiper is run by same family which owns Coral Reef, and is very nice. Another is Treasure Beach, a small, upscale boutique hotel with only 27ish rooms, all suites, and a fine restaurant. It is at the south end of Payne's Beach, where you can walk all the way to Sandy Lane. See www.treasurebeachhotel.com
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Thank you ... How do these compare to THE HOUSE
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:10 AM

The House is very minimalist.

I would highly recommend you check with The Sandpiper. Excellent hotel, staff, small resort, and the beach is the best it has been in 5 years.

If that's booked go with Treasure Beach.

Lois
Barbados Insider Tips
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
tgb

Hi Diana,
We stayed at the FRP in October. They served me chocolate cake on the night of our arrival, which was my birthday. It was our first and only trip to Barbados, and we were treated very nicely there. I have photos still out on the kitchen counter. If you happen to love seaglass, you will be in heaven. I've never seen so much, and my daughter and I collected bags full of treasure. I'm a Jamaican at heart, but I'm glad my family insisted we try a new island. Bajan people are so beautiful. Enjoy yourself.

Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:24 PM

Diana - we'll be staying at The House for one week in mid-January, before moving on to St. Vincent/Bequia. I'll be sure to write a report or comment in Fodors about our experience - I've read VERY mixed reports, both very positive and very negative, about this place, so am curious what we will find!
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Which is nicer Sand Piper or Treasure Beach ?
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 06:33 AM

Sandpiper has more grounds, but only a few rooms with direct/close ocean view. Treasure Beach is small, with the suites arranged in a horseshoe around patios and pool. The suites are angled so that the rooms have ocean views from the living area/patio. The half of the rooms to the open/ocean side of the horseshoe have pretty good water views and are close enough to hear the lapping of the waves when it's quiet. Both hotels have fine rooms, management, etc. I think the tradeoff is grounds vs. ocean.
Old Dec 26th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Now I found out thet Coral Reef does have room .. Please help ! Coral Reef ,Sandpiper , Fairmount or Treasure Beach ?

I am very visual !!!! Like the gardens and sandy white beaches . Luxery bedding and great service ... Help !
Old Dec 26th, 2006, 06:16 AM

Coral Reef!! Probably the best gardens of any hotel on the island.
Old Dec 26th, 2006, 06:34 AM

We loved everything about Coral Reef. However, when visiting in July we discovered the beach there has totally washed away. Keep that in mind.

The grounds are lovely at The Sandpiper (run by the same family) & that beach is fantastic.

Lois
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

I booked a room at The Coral Reef , They said the Beach was OK ... They only had Garden Rooms left ( I had wanted a suite) Are these still nice ?

They are going to upgrade us if someone cancels .....

I was going to book at the Sandpiper but heard so many nice things about Coral Reef . I hope I made the right choice ..

Old Dec 27th, 2006, 05:59 AM

The garden rooms have sitting areas and nice balconies. Ocean views will be limited or missing. But short walk to beach. Ceiling fans allow you to live open air 24/7 to enjoy the fragrances and the sounds of the tree frogs lulling you to sleep. (When the birds quit at sunset, the tree frogs take over. Their mating calls are a crystal-clear bell-like sound which is prettier than most birds.)
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Do you live in Barbados ? Are you a travel agent ?

Old Dec 27th, 2006, 09:03 PM

No and no. Just a Caribbeanaholic.
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the information . So you think we made the right choice ?
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 05:43 AM

Coral Reef is special. If you are able to be upgraded, to what room category did you want? If they upgrade you in advance, see if you can request a specific room--they are named. Ask for a rooms map. Luxury Jr. Suites are the suites closest to the ocean, but some have better ocean views than others.
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

There is just two of us ... So Yes , the junior suite would make the most sense .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -