honeymoon in negril

Jan 22nd, 2001, 10:29 AM
dee

honeymoon in negril

Hi! We are honeymooning at Grand Lido in Negril-good choice? My company gets it at half off-so it definitely sounds good for the money! Has anyone been? any advice? How's the yacht? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:57 PM
Kim

You will love Negril the beach is wonderful!

Jan 23rd, 2001, 09:30 AM
Will

Half off at a Grand Lido??? What is this company and where do I send my job application?

Jan 23rd, 2001, 03:22 PM
Monica

I was married 2 years ago in December at the Grand Lido in Negril - loved it! We were married on the yacht - neat experience! We also went on a sunset cruise on the yacht which I recommend - get your reservations in as soon as you arrive. I'm a bit chicken and didn't want to leave the resort, but had a wonderful time there. The food is fantastic, and the staff is top notch.

Jan 23rd, 2001, 03:24 PM
Monica

We were married there 2 years ago in December on the yacht! Very neat experience. Make sure you go on the sunset cruise - get your reservations in as soon as you get there. The food is very good and the staff is top notch. Have a great time!

Jan 24th, 2001, 09:24 AM
Tricia

My husmand @ I got married at Swept Away in February. We visited Grand Lido and it is beautiful. We heard wonderful things abot the place, but if you have an opportunity visit Swept Away it too is very upscale but smaller and more islandy. I do not know what your tastes are but to my husband and myself we didn't feel like we were away when we were at Grand Lido. It felt like an upscale Hilton it wasn't very islandyor authentic. It was nice but it was just like a hotel.

Jan 24th, 2001, 11:58 AM
dee

I must admit, part of the draw is the discount. I was very hesitant about going to an AI, as I went to one in Cancun several years ago and the food was like eating at a high school cafeteria. However, since it is our honeymoon, we wanted to lounge on the beach and be served tropical drinks and not have to worry about anything. I hope this is what GL is like. Any thoughts? Also, how is AirJamaica?

Jan 25th, 2001, 07:29 AM
jack

I hate AI resorts-the food is gross and you feel obligated to eat there, since you're paying so much for it. You really have to leave the resort in order to experience the island. I recommend small hotels. AIs are taking over all of the coolest islands!!!

Jan 25th, 2001, 07:46 AM
Kim

Jack, I dont know what AI Resorts you stayed in but the food at all the AI Resorts I have stayed at has been wonderful, alot of different things to choise from and very good. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Jan 25th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Kim

Sorry, to choose from.

Jan 29th, 2001, 08:06 AM
jill

I also have to disagree with Jack, I loved GL! The food was great and there was lots of it to chose from. The bars were also fun. I hope you don't let one bad stroy change your mind, Dee.

Jan 29th, 2001, 08:08 AM
jill

I also have to disagree with Jack. I loved GL! The food was great and there were so many kinds to chose from. Don't let him ruin your plans> Have a great time!

Jan 29th, 2001, 12:15 PM
beth

I have been to all-incl where the food is "high school cafeteria" style and some whereit is terrific. if yu are referring to cancun palace as your resort in Cancun, i agree the food was disgusting. there was numerous restaurants but ll but one were buffet style and they all served the same food at the same time just in different locations. There really was no "choice" However, we went to Sandals negril 2 years ago and have a most wonderful experience! ther were many differnt restaurants and guess what they all had different menus and only one was buffet! With this kind of variety you really don't need to leave the resort. i have heard that Grand Lido is as upscale as Sandals which it would be VERY nice. I think one differnce though is the lack of wet bar in your rom at GL which you get at Sandals. I have heard restaurants at GL are really good and yummy! I did hear though that GL is kind of like a Hilton that ther is no atmosphere. grand Lido Braco on the otherhand is more authentic, you migh look at going there.