Honeymoon destination advice

Jan 28th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Honeymoon destination advice

Getting married in late June. Plan to spend $3000-4000 on a 5 night vacation. Looking for good food, good beaches, and lots to do. Have already been to Cancun and Jamaica. Any help will be appreciated!
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:51 AM

St.Lucia is a beautiful island, very green and lush. Have you looked at the Bahamas lots of islands to choose from, great beaches and super blue water.
Jan 29th, 2003, 08:13 AM

St. Lucia is a beautiful island and offers a lot to do as far as outdoors activities. Although, if looking for a great beach, I wouldn't recommend St. Lucia.

St. John offers a lot to do and has amazing beaches. You could also get away with what you are looking to spend if only giong for 5 nights. You may want to look at villas here.

We honeymooned in Antigua and really enjoyed it. I can't speak as far as activities. We were on our honeymoon and nothing concerned us except lying on the beach with each other with a drink our hands, so we did not get out and see the island much. There are beatiful beaches and a lot of resorts are AI, if looking for that. Congrats and good luck in deciding!
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:13 AM

The full-service Renaissance Grand Beach Resort is situated on a beautiful beach in St. Thomas. There is a lot to see and do in St. Thomas. We took a catamaran sail to St. John--it was wonderful. You could also stay in St. John--Lavender Hills Estates has reasonable suites for rental. See travelers comments and website link at Where2Stay.com
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:13 AM

St. Lucia gets a lot of rain at that time of the year -- lots more than other Caribbean islands. If I were you I would consider a different Caribbean location. We were there at that time one year and it rained the entire week. When I check stats later it always gets a lot more - that's why it's "lush".

You might consider Aruba (if you like desert-like), Barbados, or Bermuda. Actually, Bermuda is gorgeous at that time of the year & absolutely perfect with no poverty.
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:39 PM

I agree with Lois - about Bermuda. I think that honeymoon and Bermuda are perfect together. I love Cambridge Beaches. It's a bit out of the way, but gorgeous. Their beaches are beautiful. Riding the moped's are a fun way to tour.

Have fun!
Feb 2nd, 2003, 05:44 PM

I'm getting married the same time of year. I have been to cancun a few times. My budget is abouth the same and I am pretty sure that I will head to playa del carmen.