Help with activities on islands needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be travelling on a cruise ship throughout the Caribbean later this month and were wondering if anyone has any suggestions for activities on the different islands (eg. rent a car, tours, activities, prices for tours, taxis....).
Our itinerary is as follows:

Tortola
Martinique
Guadeloupe
St. Maarten
Antigua
Dominica
St. Lucia
St. Vincent

We always only have 1 day on the islands and would like to know what the best way is to see and experience it. What are the costs?

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM

While on St Lucia, I would recommend two things to get to see alot of the island in a short time. One would be to hire a taxi for the day after you get there. They are plentiful and you can probably negotiate a pretty good price. Would recommend going to Soufriere to see the Pitons, botanical gardens (very pretty), volcano (worth seeing, but not that exciting) and any other scenic spots along the way. The taxi drivers know where to take you and it is an enjoyable day. If that is too much driving for you, you could look into a land and sea adventure. sunlinktours.com offers one and your cruise ship probably does as well. This is by taxi to Soufriere and back by boat or vice versa. Sun links price is $120pp

At any rate, whatever you decide, getting to Soufriere to see the Piton's is a "must do". Sounds like you have some great, lush islands to explore on your trip.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 03:20 PM

I agree the Pitons is a must see while in St.Lucia.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 09:05 PM

Here's a list of my must-do's St.Maarten go to Maho Beach it's at the end of a runway, amazing to see airplanes right over your head. There is also an ice cream place right across the beach. St.Lucia I agree with the others, do an island day tour to Soufriere, I would recommend Phillip Tours St.Lucia, seeing the Pitons twin peak mountains was just wonderful ! the drive in volcano is interesting and the botanical garden was lovely. Beautiful scenic island. Have heard good things about Lawrence of Antigua from someone who was recently in Antigua. Have not personally used him before. www.lawrenceofantigua.com
www.philliptoursstlucia.com they now have a website.
Have a wonderful time.

Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. Anybody has ideas or suggestions for the other islands??
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 04:34 AM

A few yrs back while on a WJ we stopped in St. Vincent and a jeep tour was offered. I did not participate as I have friends on the island so visited with them. Heard many positives but sorry donot know how to provide info. This was offered thru the cruise line. One must is the Botanical Gardens, Fishmarket and farmers market in town. There is much to see and do on St. V. What are your interests? Peruse SVG tourism for more ideas. Wonderful island, my favorite.