Reload this Page >

HELP: Transportation between islands!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Lauren

Hi,<BR>I'm flying into grand bahamas/freeport in april and was wondering what the best way to get to nassau from there would be. Any suggestions? How long does it take? How much does it cost?<BR>Thank you!<BR>

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Sarah

Bahamasair runs at least 4 flights a day from Freeport to Nassau. I'm not sure of the price, but it should be in the $50-60 USD range.<BR>Check www.bahamasair.com for times and prices.<BR>There may be other airlines, small charter companies, but I'm not sure if they run scheduled service.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 03:07 PM
tweedy

Lauren, there is no ferry service between Nassau and Freeport, and the only scheduled airline is Bahamas Air. The round trip price is about $100.<BR>The flight is about 30 minutes. If you are going book it soon as their planes can be over booked sometimes.<BR><BR>Have a fun time in the Bahamas and let me know if you need any other info.<BR><BR>tweedy

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Nakita

Hi Lauren! <BR>I am so excited that you picked Freeport as your destination. Many tourist simply fly over on Bahama Air, however I recommend a much more local way. The people of this area practice an ancient island hopping art known as tortugasus. Really! You must try this. You simply go down to the beach, quickly drink a bottle of rum, strip naked, and sswim into the ocean looking for a sea turtle heading the right way. Yes, there is certain stuff you'll need: goggles, sun block for your posterior (no chaffing), and a compass of course. Best of luck your new best friend...I'll be looking for you on the beach!<BR><BR>Maybe our turtles will cross!!!<BR>All my love,<BR>Nakita

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 05:11 AM
robert

I don't know how adventurous you are, or how much time you have, but have you considered an inter-island mailboat. You could check into it. Bring snorkeling gear along, and be prepared to share a cot with a few goats. You'll get to know the crew well, and can snorkel around the several ports before your final destination. Guaranteed...you know Bahamian culture, customs, and mannerisms well before sliding into Potter's Cay under the Paradise Island Bridge. Robert

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 04:17 PM
David USA

Expedia.com has the flights available. bahamasair has the best price. Its July 2002, Price freeport to nassau $124.00 round trip.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Robert

Lauren;<BR> I know Lynx Airlines flies to many outer Bahamian Islands, such as Cat Island, Marsh Harbor(Abaco), and Turks and Caicos. They even fly into Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Unsure if they fly from Freeport to Nassau, but you can call them at 1-888-LYNXAIR. They may make specialty runs, for more money.Chalks Airlines(seaplanes) fly to Bimini, Nassau, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Paradise Island, but I don't recall them flying to Freeport. Perhaps, someone on this board knows the answer with Chalks. Good luck. Robert