Help needed on family vacation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been doing a lot of research for a family vacation - read most all on this forum - started web surfing- information overload -
taking my family (wife & 3 teenagers) to Caribbean in early May for a week.
would like condo/villa on beach - walk out to beach & snorkeling - QUIET beach primary - nightlife/restaurants not important
liked what I've read about Cayman Islands
any other suggestions - islands to check out that may accommodate my requirements?

(this forum is great!)
thanks
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:26 AM

My teens loved Grand Cayman. We plan to take them back this year, we just returned from our first trip there beginning of December. We rented a two bedroom condo, oceanfront (it was called Plantana) on seven mile beach. Snorkleing is great, some areas better than others of course. Our sons are 17 and 14 and say it was their best vacation yet and they have been to Hawaii. They rented waverunners at the Westin and had a blast. I recommend staying anywhere "central" beach on SMB if you decide on GC (Plantana, Villas of the Galleon, Corlastone Club, Avalon, etc.). It is the best part of SMB right now anyway. Just remember as with any Caribbean Island, one really bad storm can change the beachfronts overnight.
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 05:55 AM
EJC

Grand Cayman is a good choice. Check into Aruba, also. The best island for beach & snorkeling is GC. Just remember, GC is the more expensive of the 2. (Driving is on the left side GC.) Just takes a day or so to get used to.
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate the time you took. Great idea on the waverunners! We've decided to focus our research on Cayman Islands.
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:17 AM

We are going to the Caymans this Feb. and one of the reasons I picked GC is because of the wonderful snorkeling. We are staying at the Villas of Galleon which is in the central part of 7 mile beach, next to the Weston.