Search

Help need villa info!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 11:05 AM
Mike

Help need villa info!

My good buddy is getting married soon and we have decided to do a bachelor weekend in Jamaica. We hear Negrille is the place to be. We will have 12 to 15 guys and things can get pretty wild. We were intrigued by the aspect of finding one large villa that might sleep us all. We would like beachfront and a pool, and would prefere to be within walking distance of some nightspot type places. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Any ideas at all, even if just where to start looking would be great. We are thinking about Labor Day weekend for the trip.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 12:22 PM
joan

Mike, <BR>Try this: go to www.vacationspot.com and do a "find a getaway", put in Negril and 12 adults, see what you get. My husband and I have rented two villas from this website, happy with both. However, you state that you will be going for the weekend. Most villas rent for one week or longer. But if you email the owner/agent, they may give you a half week, prorated. Oh, and if I were you, I wouldn't mention the "pretty wild" aspect... <BR>Joan

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 02:08 PM
Mike

Thank you Joan for your advice. I went to vacationspot and found exactly what I was looking for. It was apalce I had heard about, but my travel agent couldn't find. My friends and I really appreciate your kind assistance. Thanks again, Mike

Old Jun 10th, 2000, 07:59 AM
joan

Mike: <BR>You're welcome! One other thought: before you send your money, TALK to a real live human being and get a gut feeling/make sure it's a real deal. I guess I just don't trust the internet... <BR>Joan

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 04:25 PM
ohliz

Hi! <BR> <BR>There are a few places in Negril that match your requirements (15 people, on beach, pool, walk to nightlife) - Aqua Moon Villas (but I don't think they have the pool), Llantrissant (again, no pool), White Sands Villa (4 BR, across street from beach but does have private pool and staff)...and there are a few on the cliffs like Villas Sur Mer (you can walk to cliff nightlife and you're right on the sea, not the beach but in many ways, better). <BR> <BR>Since you're only doing a weekend though, you might be better off staying at a hotel instead of a villa and negotiating a group rate (pretty easy if you're going before Dec 14th). Check out http://www.negril.com/binhotel.htm . There are tons of good places listed there. <BR> <BR Liz