HELP FOR OUR FIRST FAMILY VACATION!!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to quickly book a vacation for 2 adults and a (12) year old for the last week in December, 2006. We would like to book a resort in Riviera Maya. PLEASE, can anyone give us the heads up as to which resort of book? We've never been in that area and are hoping that experienced travelers out there can help me make this a memorable trip. We've never taken a vacation together so the pressure is on me to book the perfect trip! PLEASE< PLEASE! HELP.... Thanks
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 06:25 AM
iw

Sorry that I can't help with suggestions.

Topping...
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 07:27 AM

We really need your budget for the vacation! Iberostar has great resorts - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar/Beach or Lindo, Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal in Playacar - or Riu Yucatan is less money but still a good resort.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

We are more "value" minded than "budget" minded. I would like to feel at the end of our vacation that we got our money's worth, even if it means spending a bit more. I've read alot of reviews about Iberostar Paraiso Maya but was troubled with many comments about "watered down drinks"; "below average food", etc. I also noted from commentaries that unless you get into Bldg. 60, the experience is not too great because of the lack of scenery and construction. If anyone else could help with suggestions, especially about all-inclusive resorts, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 01:20 PM

Have you also posted under Latin America? Riviera Maya is in Mexico which is listed under Latin America.

Have not been to this part of Mexcio so sorry can't help. Have been to the Baja part of Mexico. Are you set on Mexico? For me, the Caribbean Islands can't be beat.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 01:42 PM

Just a few possibilities - there are TONS of really nice resorts in this area:
Palladium
Bahia Principe Akumal and Tulum
Iberostar
Barcelo Maya beach
Of the ones mentioned I have only been to the Palladium and I would recommend it.
The Barcelo is reputed to have the nicest beach and seems to appeal to families.
Give me a minute and I will get a website where EVERYONE will have opinions on their favorite resort.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 01:44 PM

Got it: lots of opinions about the various resorts here and other info:
http://playaguide.com/

This is a great vacationing area and frankly it is hard to go wrong with any of the resorts I have listed.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 02:36 PM

www.locogringo.com is a great source.
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 01:28 PM

We stayed at the Xpu-Ha Palace, it was great. It was AI, the food was great, it had events day and night for families and adult specific. There is an on-site zoo, bike riding, snorkel, kayaking and more. The rooms are bundalow style, and the resort is sprawling. It is kind of far from Cancun, but close to many cenotes and Mayan ruins. We loved it. It was very family friendly, fabulous beach, fun activities and even activity guides that will entertain your child. They hold volleyball games, water aerobics, dance lessons and other fun activities. The only downside is that the resort was badly damaged by the hurricane and I dont know if it has been repaired. If so, I highly recommend it!