Help ??????

Old Sep 2nd, 1999, 04:57 PM
RANDY

Help ??????

We have planned a trip to Negril, Jamaica. Can anyone give us any imformation or experiences???

Old Sep 3rd, 1999, 11:36 AM
jamaicajim

Try this link, it's a great way to begin to get the feel of Negril. The message board is terrific.

http://www.negril.com/beingee2.htm

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 01:11 PM
Joe Raphael

Negril is the best beach in Jamaica. Go to an all inclusive hotel. I don't recommend renting a car or venturing out of the resort. Jamaica has a few problems that have not been resolved by the Jamaican authorities.

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 05:07 PM
C.Clark

I disagree. We had a car and went all over Jamaica, even into Kingston, and had a great time. I think that the most beautiful place in Jamacia is Port Antonio and if you have a car you should definitely go there. We thought the people were great. We broke down in the mountains and everybody offered to help, and this was at night.Also there's a restaurant in Ocho Rios called Evita's and it has some of the best Italian food that we've ever eaten. Go and have fun!!!

Old Oct 3rd, 1999, 01:27 PM
Rosie

I too disagree! Negril is great and it's not too big so you can walk to town via the beach or get to the cliffs easily. The people in town are great and there is always something going on right off the beach - good food, music at a bar, tours, etc. Whether you are staying at an all-inclusive or on the cliffs or elsewhere - you will enjoy yourselves. Got to Ricks and do the "tourist" thing, take a tour to the falls, walk the beach and you will meet all kinds of people.
Check out the board at Negril.com and you will get endless advice on what to do and where to go. Someone is always willing to help out. Enjoy!

Old Oct 23rd, 1999, 04:28 PM
BRENDA

I have been to m.bay but this will be our first time to Negril. I am excited I found this resort in Negril that was offering a special because in Jan. it will become a sandals resort. The resort is Poinciana beach resort. We are leaving Dec. 4th. The special made it a very affordable vacation to a spot we have been meaning to go to...This is a limited time offer.