Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Have anyone recently returned from Beaches resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Antoinette

I must say I am pretty nervous about our upcoming Beaches T&C vacation planned for late June. I read the Wall Street Journal article that gave the place a horrible rating. Has anyone been there since (or before)? Are the rooms clean? How's the food? Any trip reports would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 06:26 AM
Antoinette

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 08:28 AM
Laurie

We have just retuned from Sandals Antigua, although we have never stayed at Beaches T&C everyone we talked to that had been there loved it. They said the beach was beautiful the rooms were very large and the food was great. Relax, I don't think you can go wrong with a Sandals vacation.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Anne-Marie

I have stayed at the one in Jamaica and it is great - had friends stay at T&C and they LOVED it!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 03:30 PM
dixie

My husband and I were there fall 2000 and loved it. Fantastic beach and dive program. The food was wonderful as was the service. Our room was clean and beautiful. We were on the older side close to the beach but not an ocean view due the dunes. Our room had a living room with stocked frigde. A beautiful bedroom with a huge balcony that had french doors from either the bedroom or living room. The bath had a double jacuzzi! Heaven! <BR>I have heard bad things latley about the Beaches in Negril.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Teresa

I guess everyone has their own opinion but our family loved every minute of our Thanksgiving 2000 Beaches Negril vacation. I'll admit we're hotel snobs and couldn't find one thing to complain about at this resort. Even though it was Thanksgiving vacation I didn't think it was overrun with families/kids--the resort handles large numbers with ease. The beach is not to be believed--I think Negril has spoiled us for any other beach in the world. We'd go back to Negril in a minute.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Penney

We have been to Beaches Turks and Caicos as well as several Sandals properties and we found it to be extremely clean. Rooms were very comfortable, spacious and immaculate, food was very good, service not as friendly as you would find in Jamaica but hear they are trying to improve in this area. The grounds are truely beautiful.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 07:52 PM
howard cosell

dont believe anything you read in the wall street journal.I just came back from there and it was nice.bring sun block,sun very intense this time of year

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 08:14 PM
robinson caruso

NO, WE ARE ALL BEING HELD HOSTAGE HERE BY TERRORIST RASTAFARIANS.PLEASE SEND HELP!!!!!