Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed in ST.Croix? How are these?...

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 1999, 10:21 PM
Diana C.

<BR>Hi. My husband were looking to stay in St.Croix for the mellenium. We are thinking about Cormorant Beach Club, Club St.Croix Hibiscus Hotel, or some other. Not too expensive is what we need, but nice and on the beach. Anyone?? Plus, is there a lot to see and do in ST.Croix? How about Buck Island? Thanks. <BR>Diana

Old May 3rd, 1999, 05:36 PM
Ann

Hi-my husband and I spent a week in St Croix 4 yrs ago. We stayed at Chenay Bay Beach Resort which has cottage style efficiency units (each w/a little deck/porch) on a hillside with a nice little beach on the bay, a nice pool overlooking the ocean, and a casual beachside restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed it..used the efficiency kitchen for breakfast, cold drinks, and some lunches...then ate out in Chritiansted or at the resort each evening. There's plenty to do on the island (historic Christiansted, rain forest, etc) if you want to...or you can just lay on the beach or by the pool. There are tennis courts and complimentary snorkeling gear and (my favorite) the rubber "float pads". The Buck Island snorkel trip shouldn't be missed. I believe the Hibiscus is the less expensive "sister" resort to the Cormorant and I haven't seen or heard complaints on either. I think Club St. Croix is nearer to town and popular with young couples. Hope this helps...have fun!! Ann

Old May 11th, 1999, 08:39 AM
Jennifer

I've been to st croix several times. A real good place to stay (not too expensive) is a small complex called The Waves. They have 1 bd efficiencis w/full kitchens for around $90 a night, plus its right on water, perfect location. There is so many great things to do while in StX: snorkel Buck Island, visit the Whim Estate, bicyle through the rainforest, visit Point Udall, I could go on and on. St X is one my favorite places in the whole world, have fun!

Old May 11th, 1999, 08:39 AM
Jennifer

I've been to st croix several times. A real good place to stay (not too expensive) is a small complex called The Waves. They have 1 bd efficiencis w/full kitchens for around $90 a night, plus its right on water, perfect location. There is so many great things to do while in StX: snorkel Buck Island, visit the Whim Estate, bicyle through the rainforest, visit Point Udall, I could go on and on. St X is one my favorite places in the whole world, have fun!

Old May 23rd, 1999, 05:45 PM
PATTIE

DIANE <BR> <BR>WE JUST RETURNED FROM ST.CROIX. THE ISLAND IS NICE BUT I FEEL THE BEACHES ARE NOT THE GREATEST WATER IS NOT CALM AND LOTS OF SEA URCHINTS. WE STAYED AT THE SUN TERRA BEACH RESORT ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE ISLAND THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RESORT I HAVE EVER STAYED IN VERY BIG ROOM ALL DONE IN MAHOGONY CATHEDRAL CEILING AND SCREEND PORCH... MUST GET SECOND FLOOR UNIT. IF YOU NEED MORE INFOR. EMAIL ME.