Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 01:05 PM
Lucy

I will be going to Half Moon Resort in late December and I was wondering if anyone has been there or knows anything about it. Trip Reports or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, any infomation would be greatly appreciated. E-mail me or post a reply, thanks!

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 03:06 PM
ohliz

We've been there for drinks and to the beach but not stayed there. I'm pretty sure the hotel is not open to non-guests but we were staying at a villa nearby and we sort of just drove in. Anyway, there are at least two beaches, one by the main hotel building and one near the croquet course (course? field? whatever...). Both are lovely if just a tad windy and wavy but this could have easily been due to the weather when we were there. The facilities are BEAUTIFUL, the grounds are lush and the property is really, really big. People were going from place to place within the resort on bicycles and golf carts. <BR> <BR>The bartender (our only staff contact) was really nice, and funny. I saw horseback riding stables. Overall, I'd say it looks like a very nice resort. <BR> <BR>There are some reviews here: http://www.wheretostay.com/islands/resorts/099.html <BR> <BR Liz

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 05:19 AM
robert

Lucy, <BR> <BR>You will love it, was there 18 months ago for 10 days. Never left the resort, everything was first class top to bottom. <BR> <BR>Robert

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 11:22 AM
Betty

We have a TV show called World's Greatest Spas and it's wonderful to watch and dream. Last week they did Half Moon and it had me drooling. Beautiful resort, great spa, horseback riding, etc. They didn't talk about dollars but I assume it is expensive.

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 11:43 AM
linda

I was there this past summer. I stayed in a one bedroom right on the beach. It was more like a mini-suite with a balcony overlooking the beach. The beach was on one side of the building and the pool area on the other. It's a really beautiful place.

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 04:32 PM
Lucy

What channel was it on? I'ld love to get a transcript. What is the dress code there? <BR>