Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Has anyone gotten married at Sandals Negril????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 07:23 PM
Natalie Johnson

Hi Fodors travelers! My husband -to-be and I are in the process of planning a "weddingmoon". We're looking at Sandals Negril. (one of the nicest beaches?) Looking for any advice or helpful suggestions from anyone that has gotten married here. We obviously want our day to be special and are curious to talk to anyone that has "been there...done that!" Please don't hestitate to give us advice on destination weddings in general. We are anxious to hear from someone...so don't be shy!!! Thanks!

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 02:10 AM
Henry

We did not get married at Sandal's Negril, but we are heading back there for our 3rd trip in as many years. Last year, we saw an average of 3 weddings per day. Hopefully one of these people will respond to your message. If you have any further questions, let me know and I will send a trip report.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 09:36 AM
Kim

We also did not get married their but seen several wedding while we were there and they all looked wonderful.My daughter is getting married at the Sandal Royal Bahamian resort on May 5, 2001 we were there last Feb and love it. <BR>Both resorts are wonderful!

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 04:52 PM
Natalie

Thanks for the insight ! We made out reservations as of this afternoon at Negril. Looking forward to our stay and wedding....again, if anyone has gotten married at the Sandals resorts or know of anyone who has...let us know. We have done our homework on the resorts and it seems like the weddings are well organized...but hearing it from other people always helps! Still open to suggestions for our stay....

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 12:12 PM
Debbie H

We didn't get married at Sandals Negril but did get married at a Sandals. I highly recommend the video and photos w/ negatives, if the budget allows. The Negril beach is nice, and I hope you enjoy your weddingmoon.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 08:12 PM
Stephanie

I was married at Sandals Negril! Here is my advice - get married at either the earliest time slot or the latest time slot, so it is not scorching hot! Also, make sure to get the photographers package, because they do a great job and give you 5x7 pics and all of the negatives (we had about 50 5x7 photos and all negatives for around $250.00 - well worth it!). They did a fantastic job on everything - flowers, cake, reception, all documentation - everything! Also, just a note - I own a very large bridal shop and florist in the US, so I am extremely particular! And I have no complaints whatsoever! If I can be of any further help, feel free to e-mail me. Stephanie