Guana offered on SkyAuction

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few of you have previously mentioned your interest in Guana Island in the BVI, so I thought I'd let y'all know that it's being offered right now on SkyAuction.com, the first time I've seen it offered there in quite some time. If the rates have been holding you back, this just might tempt you. Be sure to read the fine print about maximum stays and taxes per person per night.
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:41 AM

You're not supposed to tell us about the auctions <i>you're</i> bidding on. That just generates competition!

Am I reading it correctly that you can only get up to 3 nights? Have you used Skyauction before? I've only used Luxurylink and been very happy with their service.
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Interesting...

1) I bid (and won) a 7 night trip to Guana last year from luxurylink. It is a great place and I highly recommend it... but it's definitely not for the float up bar/parasailing Club Med set.

2) I've used Skyauction before (last time for plane tix to Kenya) and have never had a problem. The only issue with this auction is that the max stay is 3 days.
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 12:09 PM

astein12,
Did you ever post a trip report for Kenya? That was a very nice story about the balloon pilot BTW.

ejcrowe,
Will you be adding more nights if you win? I'm assuming these will be at the regular rates? Good luck!
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Sorry... never quite got to the Kenya report... can certainly answer questions if you have any.
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 12:24 PM

No specific questions, just enjoy reading trip reports
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 12:36 PM

I'm pretty bad with trip reports... my Iceland one from last year is reasonably complete... just back from Nova Scotia and hope to write that up in the next week or so.
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

oops! I wasn't planning to bid on it when I first posted the info. Sorry about that. But when I mentioned it to my husband this morning he asked me to go ahead and bid.

The trip we're planning for next summer was going to be an island hopping vacation, so IF we win the auction, we probably wouldn't even add extra nights. but who knows? My husband may change my mind, as he wanted to return to Guana this year and scrap our 2-week vacation to Hawaii.

I've used LuxuryLink and SkyAuction with success in the past, and incidentally I won auctions for Guana on both of them. But this is the first time since 2003 that I've seen the auction for Guana back on SkyAuction, which is why I posted here!