Reload this Page >

Grand Lido Negril vs. Swept Away Negril

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 01:51 PM
Garrett

We are planning our late December Honeymoon and have narrowed the choices to Grand Lido Negril or Swept Away Negril. We are looking for a very quiet, relaxing, private, and top notch resort. These two Negril resorts seemed to best fit our desires, but we can't decide on which one is best. If anyone can give me information comparing the two, please do so. All information is welcomed and deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 08:40 AM
DennyP

Check the trip reports in the Resort section of www.dennyp.com

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 02:20 PM
David

Hey there, <BR> I just returned yesturday from Swept Away. I was there for a friends wedding and I highly recomend it! Their wedding unfortunitly got rained out so they had to hold the service up stairs, but the area was very nice and they really took care of all of us there. <BR> My only complaint with the place is that I couldn't stay longer! Every peice of food I had there was great, and I'm a picky eater. The service was great, they would do any thing we asked, including handing over a full bottle of red wine from the bar for a late night on the beach! <BR> I could go on and on, if you have any questions I would be happy to help. <BR>

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Ron

I would highly reccomend Couples in Negril...very quiet...classy place. Swept away is a little more expensive, it has a better gym, better tennis courts, but Couples was excellent. Any questions...feel free to e mail.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Phil

I spent honeymoon in Negril adn after lots of hours on the web I finally picked GLN over everything else and <BR>we could not have been happier. The <BR>resort was top notch all the way and the beach is wonderful. The resort also <BR>is a little more elegant than the others <BR>in that it has lots of marble and very <BR>spectacular architecture thru-out the resort. When we were there it was 75 percent travel agents and everyone said <BR>that it was the top resort on the island. The resort is very peaceful and <BR>if its a quiet time your looking for than look no further!!

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Amy

Garrett- <BR>Congrats on the upcoming marriage. You have picked a great place-Jamaica! <BR>I got married at Grand Lido Negril (GLN) Feb 2001. It was an incredible experience. <BR>GLN is "Top Notch" all the way. They have won numerous awards for service, etc. <BR>The thing that I liked best about GLN was the amount of beachfront property that they have. There is only one small block of garden view rooms-probably 20 rooms. Everything else on the resort is either beachfront or oceanview. Most other resorts can't even begin to compare to this. Not only do you get a room with a great view, but you get lots of beach as well. Therefore, their beaches never seem crowded even at full capacity. The week we were there, the resort was at full capacity and you couldn't even tell. There were no crowds and no waiting for anything. I cannot say enough good things about the resort. <BR>As far as being a "quiet" resort. I found the clientele at GLN to be a little older. I would say the average age was around 40-50. That's not to say there's no fun to be had there. It's just a little more mature crowd. I myself am 34. We just wanted a relaxing trip. We were in bed by 10 or 11 every night. I know....boring! <BR>Good luck trying to decide and feel free to email me with any additional questions. <BR>Amy

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 11:01 AM
George

Two questions to those who have been to GLN: Is the facility starting to show its age and how does it compare with the Couples resort which is relatively new?

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 10:10 AM
Amy

George- <BR>I felt the only part of the resort that was starting to show it's age was the bathrooms. <BR>The bathrooms were always spotlessly clean, however, they did need some updating. <BR>I have been told that GLN plans to start rennovating the bathrooms this year. <BR>Other than that, I feel the resort was in good shape! <BR>Sorry, don't know much about Couples. All I have heard is that it's a little cheaper and not quite as 5 star as GLN. <BR>Amy