Reload this Page >

Grand Lido Negril or Sandals Negril?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Babette

Planning a vacation to Jamaica. Deciding between Grand Lido Negril or Sandals Negril? Any thoughts?

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Delores

Sandals is a very good choice..and so is Grand Lido, they are very comprable, We were recommended Sandals by friends of ours who have been to both. We've never stayed at Grand Lido, every time we go to Negril we stay at Sandals.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Kim

I vote for Sandals Negril we loved it there our most memorable trip ever.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Joyce

I personally like Grand Lido Negril better if the prices are the same.<BR>I just thought the food was better (chef won Gold Medal as best in the Caribbean). Grand Lido is on the Bay so the water is calmer.<BR>Rooms at Grand Lido are all Jr. Suites and are larger.<BR>However, I have noticed when pricing for clients the Grand Lido rates have been Much Higher than Sandals, so for my clients I would explain the differences and probably say Grand Lido is nicer but not $100-1500 Nicer.<BR>I also would look into the prices at Couples Negril or Swept Away, as they are also great.<BR>Swept Away (in my opinion) has the best beach in Negril.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Penney

We have been to both - married at one and honeymooned at the other and while they are both wondeful, they are different.<BR><BR>GLN is more upscale in every aspect but also tends to cater to a more mature crowd. Beach, I think, is nicer, as are the rooms with are very well appointed, clean and spacious. Food was excellent! Just the decor and atmsophere is grander without being snobby. Does offer alot less for evening entertainment but theyacht is wonderful!<BR><BR>Sandals NEgril is more upbeat, more activities going on day and night. Loved the pool bar and beach, very nice room in the Paradise Block (cocnierge service is a very nice perk however!), and a wonderful tropical, romantic atmsphere.<BR><BR>Cannot go wrong at either.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Amy

Babette-<BR>I got married at Grand Lido Negril in Feb 01.<BR>I was originally planning to go to Sandals Negril. I had numerous problems with my travel agent & the group booking desk (there were 14 of us going). I don't know who was to blame for the problems-the travel agent or Sandals.<BR>I finally gave up as the price had gone for the 3rd time in 1 month. I had received information from SuperClubs when I sent for information on Sandals.<BR>My travel agent talked me into Sandals...come to find out, she receives kick backs from them....<BR>Anyway, I called SuperClubs direct (no travel agent) in a state of panic. I needed to get this trip booked ASAP. He was able to get me booked for a week earlier and met Sandals price. The really good news is that the lowest room category at GLN is a Junior Suite, where as at Sandals Negril, we would have been in a regular ROH room.<BR>I have a co-worker whose parents go every year to Sandlas Negril & they LOVE it.<BR>I think you can't go wrong with either resort.<BR>We had a great time at GLN and are talking about going there again for our 5 year anniversary.<BR>Good luck & have fun!<BR>Amy<BR> <BR>