Search

Grand Cayman 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2023, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Cayman 2023

My family is planning a trip for Grand Cayman end of July 2023 for 5 nights. I was wondering what’s it like during that season; what we should do while we’re there, we like the beach, biking, walking, and just exploring also like to paddle board and kayak, and are also curious to snorkel; we’re also wondering if there is any fishing excursions from the island that we can go on. Also how is transportation at the 7 mile beach area. Also we plan on exploring around the island away from the 7 mile beach, in that case is it worth renting a car for the day or to take public transportation. And is there any most do’s while you’re there on the island.
Old Jan 2nd, 2023, 02:27 PM

Definitely rent a car to explore the island. Book it in advance, don't do as we did first visit, tried to book a car but none were available for the days we wanted.You don't need it for more than one or two days, it is not a big island with lots to see. It will be very hot in July, very hot. 7MB is a beautiful long beach, perfect for walking, swimming and snorkelling esp towards the Marriott end, You need rocky areas to see fish and 7MB is mostly sand. One of the nice things we did was take a sunset/evening excursion on a catamaran. Scuba is very good on GC.
Old Jan 2nd, 2023, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you what month did you go to Grand Cayman
Old Jan 2nd, 2023, 04:54 PM

In July you can expect daytime temperatures to be in the mid-to-high 80’s F. With occasional forays into the low 90’’s F. The sun will be quite strong and breezes light and high humidity so it will feel warmer. You’ll see lots of sun but there will be a chance of very brief and widely scattered showers lasting minutes rather than hours.

You’ll be able to do everything on your wish list. Do rent a car for part or all of your stay.

Consider taking a trip with one of the many tour operators that take you by boat to Stingray City where you can swim with the rays.
Old Jan 2nd, 2023, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info it’s really helpful
Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 01:02 AM

I’ve been in Feb, June & November. In July, expect it to be scorching hot, something the temp charts don’t reflect.
Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you since you’ve been there in the summer season do you think that the heat will be a problem
Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 08:37 AM

It wasn't a problem, I guess I was surprised it was that hot. Its not pleasant to walk around during the day, say if you wanted to walk into Georgetown during the day, you might struggle. But since we are in the sea mostly during the day, it didn't matter. I've been to many Caribbean Islands and this one was the hottest, so far. Some people told us they normally only go during the winter as it is more bearable for them.

Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you again Balthy I know you’ve said in another thread you’ve been to curaçao in your opinion which do you like better and which would you recommend more
Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 12:17 PM

Thats a difficult one to answer but based on your initial wishes of beach, snorkelling, kayaking etc I would suggest Grand Cayman. Walking and biking is difficult in the heat but should be ok early mornings/early evenings. 7MB is a lovely long beach with condos along it and some hotels, close to Camana Bay for some nice restaurants and depending where you are on 7MB, you can walk into Georgetown of an evening.