Good deal?

Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:33 PM
Betty123

Good deal?

Hello!

Well I still have not booked my trip to Aruba for September - actually still waiting for my fiance to get the time off approved.

In the meantime I get to continue to decide where to stay and which package to take.

Initially I thought we would have to fly Delta (connecting flight) but now it seems we might be able to swing Continental because of a special.
This involves the all inclusive at Wyndham. Before folks start saying there are too many good restaurants on the island to limit ourselves - the Wyndham does give you two credits to other restaurants off site. Plus - we feel the food at the restaurants there, will definitely keep us happy.

Does anyone know WHICH items on the menu in the restaurants require additional charges and are there a lot of them??

Is this a good deal?

All inclusive at Wyndham, deluxe oceanview room, round trip/direct air on Continental TOTAL = $1625 per person.

OR

Standard room at Wyndham for $1190pp - with breakfast daily and $100 credit.

Our other option is also on Continental at the Radisson with a gardenview room for $1295 per person and a partial oceanview is $1393. This would include breakfast daily and a $100 food and beverage credit.

Either way we figure we will go over $600 in spending money on meals and drinks. We are not "big" drinkers but I enjoy my afternoon cocktails by the pool/beach on vacation and my fiance loves his soda!!!

What do you guys think? Anyone who has done the all inclusive at Wyndham please let me know your thoughts. It might not be ideal to be limited BUT - if this is a great price we will go for it.

Thanks!

Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:42 PM

Maybe I missed it, but how many nights?
Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:14 PM

Need to know where you're flying from (1000 miles vs 4000 miles makes a big difference) and how many nights.
Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:52 PM
Betty123

Sorry - it is for 7 nights and flying out of Newark, NJ. I have been pricing both the Wyndham and the Radisson for a few weeks now but always on a connecting flight through Delta. I thought I was getting good prices - then this deal came along.

I really love the idea of an all inclusive and not having to shell out money for every drink etc. We are not big drinkers - my fiance is a soda drinker and maybe a frozen drink or wine with dinner. I like margaritas and beer during day and wine at night. But again - not in excess, I like to feel good every day! We won't be looking to eat a 4 course meal each night - probably an entree, maybe a salad and then I might got for a few desserts. He won't eat any desserts - and rarely an appetizer. He is not a big breakfast person either. I would not expect our dinners to be really up there pricewise each night. So if we did the breakfast with the $100 credit at the Radisson in the gardenview room direct on Continental for $1300pp I am thinking this is a good deal. True for $300 more per person - we could have ALL our drinks and meals paid for and then venture out one or two nights - BUT that Radisson looks SO beautiful.

We are also BIG pool people, we will sit at the beach here and there but love the pool.

Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:03 PM

Why not take a non-stop filght out of JFK?
Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:07 PM
Betty123

Because JFK is a real inconvenience - getting there on a work morning (Friday) - traffic is nuts. Plus, believe it or not, there is not a significant savings.

Jul 4th, 2003, 09:36 AM

Contact Travel Unlimited http://www.travelunlimited.com and see if they can match or beat the packages you've already found.
Jul 5th, 2003, 04:50 PM

We just booked our late August vacation to Aruba. We got our airline tickets via Priceline for $338 plus tax from LGA, (even though Newark is also easier for us ,it is a 12noon flight). We then used our Marriott rewards coupon for booking the hotel

Try www.aruba4u.com and expedia for Raddison hotel prices. Hope this helps.
Jul 7th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Betty123

Thanks very much! I just got a great rate - air and hotel at Wyndham for $890pp for 7 nights. OR $1375pp at Occidental all inclusive. Doesn't look like I will be able to do the Radisson this time around - but it will give us a great reason to return!

Enjoy your trip!