Golf courses in USVI and BVI??

May 12th, 2000, 05:47 AM
Terri

Golf courses in USVI and BVI??

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for any info on golf courses in USVI and BVI. We will be in St. John in May of 2001. My husband is very interested in playing golf while we are there. Any recommendations? Thanks!!

May 12th, 2000, 12:20 PM
jen

Even though I am not a golfer, I do not remember seeing any golf courses in any of the USVI Islands or the BVI. These islands are all very small and quite hilly and I doubt if there would be room for an 18 hole golf course.

You can charter an airplane to Casa de Campo on Puerto Rico, it is suppose to be one of the best golf courses in the world (but this is only hear-say - I am not an expert).

The only USVI island that may have golf courses is St. Croix, which you might be able to puddle jump down there for a day of golf. St. Croix is larger and flatter than the others.

May 12th, 2000, 04:27 PM
Karen

There are two on St.Croix - Buccaneer and Carambola and one on St.Thomas - Mahogany Run. Can't comment on the "conditions" because I don't golf but one of the holes on STT has wonderful views!!!! Our esteemed President played there when he visited ... but don't know that that is a recommendation!

May 12th, 2000, 06:53 PM
Louis

Tell your husband to leave his clubs at home. Most of St. John is park land and there is no room for golf. We have not been to the BVI in the last 3 years but there were no courses there then. Except for a few places which have been developed for tourist golf in the Caribbean, the local poplulation cannot afford it. If he really must have golf, some of the golf sites might tell him where all the courses exist in the Caribbean. Puerto Rico has the most courses and even Tobago has one.

May 13th, 2000, 06:32 AM
Doug

I played Mahogany Run on St Thomas in February. It was great. It's the only course on the island. It's much better than the county courses I normally play, but not as lush as a country club. Very interesting course with a couple of good ocean views. $100 green fee including cart. I would definitely play it again. By the way, if you play it look out for #15. Play to right side even though book says stay left. Good luck.

May 16th, 2000, 06:22 AM
Joanne

The Sunterra Carambola on St. Croix has a Robert Trent Jones golf course that is requted to be excellent.