Search

Going to Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 1999, 07:11 AM
Jennifer

Going to Costa Rica

Going to Costa Rica in March for honeymoon. Looking for advice on where to go, where not to go, etc. Thanks! <BR>

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 07:08 AM
lisa

Jennifer -- Try posting this question on the Latin American forum.

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 08:29 AM
Jennfer

Thank you very much! I will. <BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 10:46 AM
Joe Raphael

Jennifer, Costa Rica is a beautiful country to visit. It has glorious rainforests, volcanoes, and National Parks to see and enjoy. If you're going, I highly recommend visiting Arenal Volcano and Manuel Antonio National Park for its beaches, etc. However, it's not the Caribbean. The place is huge and San Jose sits on a 4000 foot valley with no beach in sight. Not, like in Jurassic Park where they conveniently put a beach by it. So you have to fly or fourwheel it everywhere.It is totally an eco-tourism type of vacation. Avoid the Green season when it rains everyday and many roads get nwashed away. If you are going on a restful honeymoon, I highly recommend the Pacific coast and the beach resorts or Manuel Antonio area. Do your research. Call their tourist department for complete info.

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 10:51 AM
Joe Raphael

Jennifer, Costa Rica is a beautiful country to visit. It has glorious rainforests, volcanoes, and National Parks to see and enjoy. If you're going, I highly recommend visiting Arenal Volcano and Manuel Antonio National Park for its beaches, etc. However, it's not the Caribbean. The place is huge and San Jose sits on a 4000 foot valley with no beach in sight,and the city is not very attractive. The "ticos" are wonderful people who'll treat you beautifully. San Jose is in the center of the country. Not, like in Jurassic Park where Steven Spielberg conveniently put a beach by it. So you have to fly or fourwheel it everywhere.It is totally an eco-tourism type of vacation. Avoid the Green season when it rains everyday and many roads get washed away. If you are going on a restful honeymoon, I highly recommend the Pacific coast and the beach resorts or Manuel Antonio area. Do your research. Call their tourist department for complete info. It's a different type of experience than Hawaii or the Caribbean.