Future Cuba travel plans?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2024, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm keeping an eye on the situation in Cuba and currently have no plans to visit anytime soon. Mainly because of the frequent power struggles. Does anybody else here have plans to return soon? If not, where are you going? My Europe plans changed and I am currently in the early stages of a 10 week Belize/Guatemala trip.
Old May 24th, 2024, 11:22 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Nothing about Cuba pro or con, but my future trips will likely be to Mexico. Europe takes a lot more planning, time, money for me from west coast USA. If I were going into the Caribbean I'd go to Negril Jamaica as I've enjoyed it in the past over the years.
Old May 27th, 2024, 08:15 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We would really like to return to Cuba. In spite of it’s Communist govt and its suppression, the Cuban culture with it’s music and dance shone through.
Old May 27th, 2024, 09:57 PM

Was in the Windy city last month. Chicago is impressive and way more dangerous than Cuba.
Just staying in Canada for the rest of this year.
If I go back to Cuba next winter, I hope do another cross-country trip to different places.
Old May 28th, 2024, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

Hey Suze. I remember you from the TA Puerto Vallarta forum. I haven't been to PV since 2018 and probably won't be returning anytime soon. My Mexico trips these days are usually a combination of Cozumel and Merida. HappyTravir, I won't address your political comment, but yes, the music and people of Cuba are what keep bringing me back. CubanWaters, I'll be sending you an email tonight. As far as my next Cuba trip, I am hoping to return in January depending on the severity of the power outages.
Old Jun 1st, 2024, 05:25 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
I lived in the city center of downtown Chicago and never felt it was dangerous. You take necessary precautions in all cities. Walked to and from work daily, in the dark too.
Old Jun 2nd, 2024, 05:11 PM

I spent most of my time in downtown Chicago on my visit and didn’t find it dangerous either. Of course Chicago is made up of many different neighborhoods, some quite safe, some fairly safe and some dangerous. You weren’t aware of this?

If there is one thing that impresses me about Cuba, it is the safety factor as a tourist.

Last edited by CubanWaters; Jun 2nd, 2024 at 05:14 PM.