Reload this Page >

Freeport & Nassau vs. Key West & Cozumel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 1997, 10:18 AM
Margaret

We are planning a short cruise this winter and need to decide between Freeport & Nassau or Key West & Cozumel. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 23rd, 1997, 06:56 AM
Kimberly

It's a tough choice. I did Freeport and Nassau 4 years ago, and really enjoyed the trip. Going to Key West and Cozumel this fall (November). If you've been to either of the places before that might help make the decision easier. If you really want to go back, or go somewhere different. I'm looking forward to what's considered "excellent" snorkling in Cozumel. So if that's important, I'd go with the Cozumel route. If you like the straw markets, then Nassau is the place to go. (Granted, I didn't think the prices were that great, but some of the stuff was pretty neat - and haggling is always fun).
I'm sure either is great, and enjoy.
-Kimberly

Old Oct 8th, 1997, 03:54 PM
Jean

We MUCH prefer Key West-Cozumel. Lots of ship time which we like and Cozumel is our favorite port for both "beaching" and shopping. Bahamas more expensive and too many vendors on the beach "buggin ya"!

Old Nov 22nd, 1997, 07:47 AM
bayclipper

Have not been to Key West or Nassau.
Have been to Cozumel (1x)
Have been to Freeport (4x) own timeshare there

without a doubt cozumel over freeport if snorkeling and price is key.
G-

Old Nov 22nd, 1997, 12:42 PM
Jan

I would say Cozumel. I have been to the Florida Keys and I really liked it there. The only thing that would keep me away this year would be the effects of El Nino. supposed to be very rainy and stormy in the southern part of the United States. I would go with Cozumel as it is supposed to be dryer than normal for what is already dry in the winter. Also, snorkeling is great in Cozumel and I believe it is cheaper there than in the Keys.
Good luck. We will be hitting Cancun this year in Feb.