Freeport?

Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:59 AM
Marianne

Freeport?

My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip to the Bahamas to Freeport. I saw some comments about the Atlantis resort on paradise Island but nothing about Freeport, can anyone give me some feedback on experiences there?

Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:18 PM
garyt

Marianne- I got tricked into spending my Honeymoon there, and after the food poisoning(4 days) we found it to be a dump, tourist trap, and overpriced disappointment. You would have to drag my dead body there for a return trip... Have Fun!

Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:36 PM
Danny

Marianne,
I invite you to visit my web site at www.fortunecity.com/oasis/bahia/443/index.htm. It's nothing fancy and an amateur site, but you'll find 3-4 trip reports, over 150 pictures and a message board where frequent visitors to GBI help folks like you who are going. It is not a dump and has one of the most beautiful resorts in the Bahamas (Our Lucaya) and another, Bahamia (soon to be renamed Royal Oasis), that will be beautiful in the next 3-4 weeks when they wrap up the last part of their $41 million renovation project. Hope this helps.

Danny

Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:52 PM
tweedy

Danny,

Someone asked about Old Bahama recently and I had not heard of that resort, can you give us some info on it.

Tell the gang at bahamas.com I said HI.

Also how is Steve doing?

Take care.

tweedy

Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:57 PM
Danny

Hi Tweedy,
Old Bahama Bay is the old Jack Tar Village on the West End of GBI. It's a high class area, mostly condos, apartments and homes, with some rental units for tourists. Supposedly quite a place, with a marina included. Still as isolated as ever though and there is no golf course. Probably a good place for a well-off patron with no desire for anything but peace and quiet but I don't recommend it for people looking for nightlife, gambling, golf, etc.
Steve, unfortunately, apparently is permanently paralyzed but doing well. He still posts on bamamas.com and a couple of other boards. Haven't heard directly from him in a month or so but he was trying to get his boat in shape for handicapped access so he could sail Bahamian waters again.

Danny

Search this Thread