Reload this Page >

Frangipani or Covecastles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 02:18 PM
Lou

We are considering staying at either Frangipani or Covecastles in April. Covecastles is more expensive and are wondering whether it is worth the difference in price. Also any particular room recommendations (we will take a two bedroom) or other information would be appreciated.

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 05:45 PM
Tina

I don't know about Covecastles but absolutely loved Frangipani. Meads is the most beautiful beach in Anguilla, in my opinion. Frangipani is quiet so you'll have to entertain yourselves. The food on Anguilla is wonderful...enjoy

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 04:42 AM
Penny

Hi Lou: I have been to Anguilla several times,we just love that island. I have never stayed at either place-Covecastles has spectacular villas,they are beautiful,we looked at their beach houses a few years ago. The beach area is large and very private-it did lose some beach during Lenny ,but it has returned. It is an outdtanding elegant compound. <BR>Frangipani as you know is one large building-people who stay there rave about it. Meads bay is stunning,it is a much much longer beach.shared with Mallihouna,Carimar and Frangiapani. NO it is very uncrowded and truly a great spot. <BR>We stay at Cap Juluca and last year CuisinArt,and I would not hesitate staying at either one of the above places. <BR> The island is fantastic-love the different restaurants,so if you need advice on that I can help you. <BR>If you go to www.news.ai Bob Geens newsletter-scroll down and link on Travel talk and Caribbean on line,you should post your Frangipani question there. <BR>Hope this helps!

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 06:38 AM
Shannon

I vote for Cove Castles. My husband and I stayed at Blue Waters in May, which shares the beach with Cove Castles (with Chuck Norris's house in between). Although we didn't go into the villas, we walked by them often, and they look marvelous. Private ocean front patios, hammocks, and a great restaurant on location. We met a honeymooning couple who were staying there, and they raved about it. Cove Castles is less like a hotel, and more like getting your own private home for your stay. And don't worry - though it shares the beach with Blue Waters, the cove is huge, very, very quiet, and very beautiful. It's also a great place for shelling. Huge conch shells in perfect condition, and lots of other beautiful stuff. You can't go wrong on Anguilla, so either way, you'll have a ball. Good luck!

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 03:31 PM
Dmn

Just wanted to add a slight correction-Chuck Norris' ex-wife. Lucky her-she got the house,on that fantastic beach.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 11:19 AM
Linda

Have only stayed at Cap Juluca, but whichever you choose---have a dinner at CoveCastles---one of the best meals we've ever had----and go to Koal Keel for a more traditional French meal with a great rum tasting