Four Seasons Nevis vs Park Hyatt St Kitts

Old Jan 7th, 2020, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Four Seasons Nevis vs Park Hyatt St Kitts

We ( my wife , 9 year old daughter , & myself ) have stayed at the FS the past 4 winters. Usually for 10 nights in early March. This year I'm thinking of doing something a little different. We enjoy the FS , just thinking of a new resort. We spend all our time on the beach- not pool people. My daughter lives in the water.
How do the resorts compare ? Rooms ; Beach and water ? Walking distance to beach bars/resturants ( think Sunshine's ).
Any suggestions / comments ??
THANKS
Old Jan 7th, 2020, 10:59 AM

I'm familiar with both places. The Park Hyatt is on a smaller and narrower stretch of beach than 4S. The water is somewhat calmer than at the 4S (no need for the man-made breakwaters you had at 4S) and the "drop-off' as you enter the water is not as pronounced. The resort is newer and has a modernistic look compared to 4S's "Caribbean" style motif. Rooms are well appointed - about on a par with 4S but here again the decorative style is different. The somewhat upscale Spice Mill restaurant, Reggae Beach Bar, Lion's Beach Bar (not sure who's now running this - if anybody - as Lion passed away last year) and a couple of other "beach shacks" are located on Cockleshell Beach (the next beach over from the PH - Note: Cockleshell is popular with day trippers and gets very crowded on cruise ship days). It will take about 10 to 15 minute walk to and there from the PH. There's also a new place that serves breakfast and lunch just outside the main entrance. One thing to consider, the PH is at the tip of St. Kitts' southern peninsula and other than the places mentioned above there's nothing else nearby., except a couple of small high-end shops at the new Christophe Harbour Marina that cater to the yachting crowd. You'll be a 25 minute drive from Frigate Bay (the closest place for restaurants and "regular" shops) and much further to any of the major sights and tourist attractions around the island. You'll need a rental car or taxi to go anywhere off resort (taxis will get costly- figure $30US each way to Frigate bay and adjust upwards for further destinations.