Search

Four Seasons in Nevis

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Greg

Four Seasons in Nevis

I am planning a trip to Four Seasons in Nevis in June of 2002. I am between two types of packages they offer and was needing some help deciding which one was better. One is their Romance Package which offers dinner, breakfast, golf, and other fun activities. The package is $2000 more expensive than just a room and nothing else. Was wondering if anyone had insight to which one was the best deal and if we will spend $2000 on food and extra activities. Thanks. <BR>

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 05:57 PM
greg

By the way, the trip is seven nights and eight days. Thanks

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 05:12 AM
Eileen

Have not been there yet but I am doing the same research for a trip. I have been told that the meals are very expensive and that the meal plan is worth it. Dinner is definitely $150 or more. Golf is also about $150 a round. So I would say if you are going to golf a lot you should take that package.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 10:44 PM
greg

Thanks a lot Eileen. I think I might play golf a couple of times. I wasnt sure if I would eat at the resort the entire time or try places around the island. If you find out any more info about Four Seasons, please keep me update todate. Thanks a lot.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Vic

We were there last year. The Four Seasons has three restaurants. A formal dining room that is only open for dinner. A more casual restaurant. An outdoor bar and snack bar. <BR> <BR>We opted for room only. The obvious question: "Do you want to eat in the formal dining room every night". We thought the main dining room was the best restaurant on either Nevis or St. Kitts, but I think you'll miss a lot by not sampling other restaurants in on the two islands. We thought the Montpelier Plantatioon Dining, as an example, was certainly worth the trek. I guess what I am saying is that American plan is appropriate where there are no alternatives. That is not the case there. <BR>The only other resort that I think compares with the Four Seasons is Caneel Bay on St. John, USVI. And that's only because of the magnificant beaches that are part of the St. John property.

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 01:16 PM
KT

We went to the Four Seasons this past June and had a great time. We did have the Romance Package, and for us it was definitely worth the money. <BR> <BR>I don't know what your plans for activities, etc. are, or if you like a small or big breakfast. We ate at the resort every morning for breakfast--a delicious buffet with plenty of variety and choices--and it would have cost us about $50 a day just for breakfast. You could also order single items off the menu for a bit less. Because we ate so heartily in the morning, however, we didn't end up spending money on lunch very often either. <BR> <BR>As far as dinner is concerned, you should really think about how often you are going to be going off the property. There are probably 10-15 places to go for dinner that are "on the beaten path" so to speak, but a number of them can take a 20-30 minute cab ride to get to (unless you have a car--figure in taxi fare). One of the main reasons we went to the Four Seasons was for the great service and atmosphere--you are paying for that in the price of everything (including the room). We wanted to experience the best, and we did!! We were relaxing by the ocean or pool each day, playing golf, taking walks, getting massages, etc., and it was nice just to go back to our room, get ready, and walk to dinner in the evening. We were totally at ease...However, if you are more up for going all day and exploring different restaurants at night, you should probably not get the package. Dinners would have cost us an average of $150-225 per night, but we only had to pay for wine. Also, you can have as much or as little as you want from the menu, no limitations like some resorts. <BR> <BR>When you add up the price of all the things in the package it is a good deal...if you plan on doing them anyway (island tour, snorkeling, golf, massage, tennis, food, etc.). If you don't, then it isn't. <BR> <BR>Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions, and just know that no matter what you will have a GREAT time!!!

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 06:38 PM
Greg

Thanks a lot for the great advice, KT and Vic. We cant wait to go. It sounds like Four Seasons is definitely a first class resort. If anyone else has anything to say about Four Seasons, I would appreciate it. Thanks again