Forums Newsletter: Are you keen?

Sep 26th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Forums Newsletter: Are you keen?

Hello everybody---happy Wednesday.

We've been thinking here about adding another newsletter to our offerings; we currently send out a weekly Fodor's Newsletter every Thursday.

My question: if we were to offer a Community newsletter---a newsletter that pointed to great trip reports, lively travel discussions, and new user reviews---would you be likely to sign up for it? I envision a newsletter that will quickly "catch-up" users who maybe don't check in everyday. I'd also like a chance to highlight community happenings---for instance a GTG alert/mini report.

What's the barometer of interest from folks here?

If interested, would you be most likely to sign up for a newsletter that you received monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly?

I'm thinking that bi-weekly might be the best. Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Sep 26th, 2007, 02:51 PM

I would be very interested in such a community newsletter. Bi-weekly gets my vote!
Sep 26th, 2007, 04:12 PM

Count me in. Bi-weekly would suffice, in my humble opinion. =) Thanks!
Sep 26th, 2007, 06:23 PM

I think that's a great idea Katie. I especially like the inclusion of GTG information.

Sep 26th, 2007, 08:38 PM

Katie,

Will this newletter be dedicated to the caribbean only or worldwide?

I check and post quite a few forums but since I access your website through the main page which tends to promote the interesting posts on all of your pages - how would this help me?

The part of your post that says "new user reviews" What exactly does that mean? I would rather trust the posters who have been posting on this site for a while rather than somebody new.

It's easy to get a feeling for someone (and if they have your travel style) who has posted many times rather than a new poster who has contributed few posts - although I do understand that you need to encourage new posters rather then us old fuddie-duddies who are the backbone of the rather quiet and polite caribbean forum

BTW, there IS a mini GTG in Ashland MA next Sunday, all of the posters post here on Fodors just not on all the same forums - I did post the info on another post on the US forum but it was deleted.

I suppose I should be glad I wasn't banned
Sep 28th, 2007, 09:49 AM

I think its a great idea. Biweekly is fine by me.
Sep 28th, 2007, 07:46 PM

I'd sign up. I think weekly would be often enough though.