Search

T&C, Nevis or St. John

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C, Nevis or St. John

Enjoy reading this forum with so much great insight. My wife and I are looking to book a mid June trip for her 40th B-Day while leaving the kiddos stateside with the grandparents.

She seems to have T&C in her mind, though we don't know many that have been there. Looking at Regent Palms but open to suggestions in similar price range.

Considering Four Seasons in Nevis based on favorable reviews, but don't know anyone that has been to the island.

Many have recommended St. John, so considering the Westin.

Our recent experiences have been Marriott properties in Aruba and Curaçao.

Not top luxury but don't want worn out or cheap feel rooms.
Prefer a place that isn't crawling with families but not seeking adult only either. No mega resort but don't want to be isolated either.

We basically just chill at pool and beach during day, with a workout or spa mixed in. Poolside bar a must, beach bars in area (walking) a bonus. Sightseeing or water activities not on the age

Casual or nice dinners at night, resort mostly but willing to venture out some. we don't plan to shut it down after dinner so a good resort bar with some music or nearby, safe options to have some drinks and listen to music.
Day of shopping is likely as well, so need a place with nearby options.

Any insight or additional recommendations is much appreciated!
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 05:40 AM

Have you looked into Anguilla? with maybe a day trip St. Martin?
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Haven't really considered it but see now that flights into St. Martin are about the same cost and duration. Tell me more about the island. What resorts do you recommend? How does it fit with what I've described? How long is the ferry from St. Martin?
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 03:40 AM

Four Seasons, Nevis ticks all your boxes except "shopping" - 3 pools (one adults only), poolside drink service available, excellent spa, very well appointed Fitness Center, multiple "on resort" dining options, on resort music several times a week, several on resort bars, 3 beach bars within walking distance that offer entertainment/music a couple nights each week, numerous other dining options within 5 to 10 minute drive. Nevis is not noted as a shopping destination but you'll find a few shops selling tourist oriented items in Charlestown. For better shopping take a day trip to St. Kitts by ferry or water taxi.
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 05:28 AM

Agree with RoamsAround. We've been to Nevis, staying at Four Seasons. Have also stayed on Anguilla and St. John. Walk to beach bars Sunshine's and Double Diamond, great fun. We took taxis when we visited other sites for dinners out. The resort is lovely, the pool areas are well appointed, and the beach, while not the white sand you'd find on St. John or Anguilla, is very pretty.
I've never visited the St. John Westin, but understand that the beach there is man made. I wouldn't visit St. John for the first time without renting a jeep.
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 09:34 AM
WWK

We had a great visit to The Four Seasons several years ago. The only downside was the amount of time it took to get there from the East Coast.

I'm not a fan of The Westin in St. John. St.John has gorgeous beaches, but the one at The Westin isn't one of them. And the property is not within walking distance to town, so you need a car or a taxi every time you want to go out.

My new obsession is Provo in Turks and Caicos, but Provo is very quiet, with limited shopping and nightlife. It's all about Grace Bay Beach ( one of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the Caribbean) and a handful of excellent restaurants. But if you want more action, this isn't the island for you.