Search

First trip to Barbados

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First trip to Barbados

I am planning a trip to Barbados for sometime in Sept. or Oct. I have never been to the caribean before. I'm 53yrs old and single. i love night life, dancing and meeting friendly women. Any advice would be welcome and highly appreciated.
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM

Barbados is a wonderful start for a Caribbean vacation I think. It has a little bit of everything to offer, depending on what your interests are. There are plenty of attractions to see and activities to do ranging from water activities : sailing, snorkelling, diving etc. to natural attractions-caves and gullies, and heritage attractions. There is quite a bit of nightlife I think you will enjoy on the South Coast there is St. Lawrence Gap which has endless pubs and bars with a few night clubs in between and on the West Coast there is second street in Holetown, which is a smaller more upscale crowed but great liming spots almost like an out door street party. The beaches or gorgeous you'll see and any time you wish to get away from the buzz of the West and South Coast the East coast and North coast offer a very quite vibe and dramatic landscape. Any advice would be to enjoy it, perhaps go on the island Safari tour, take in the culture it's laid back and as always while having fun still be aware of your surroundings. The island has a very low crime rate but petty theft can happen.
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks bd, all is well noted and appreciated.
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 05:33 AM

tons of barbados info on this site created by fodorite lois swanson - she's been 25+ times
http://www.barbadostips.com/Barbados_Tips/Welcome.html
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 09:35 AM

Hi, Lois here.

Actually if you enter the following in your browser it will load easier:
www.barbadostips.com

Our 29th trip is coming up next week. Barbados has a lot to offer everyone, so you should have a great trip.
Old Jul 15th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks you all for your quick responses. I really appreciate all the advice. I'll definately be visiting before the end of the year.