First time caribbean vacation, which island?

Old Feb 16th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time caribbean vacation, which island?

My girlfriend and I are planning on going to caribbean in early April, her parents are letting us use their timeshare as a birthday gift and its available on all the islands. Our dilemma is we don't know where to go. We were thinking Negril Jamaica. We want somewhere with nice beaches, tropical marine life, good nightlife and fun adventures like skydiving, kayaking, jungle tours, waterfalls, horseback riding, snorkeling/diving, cliff diving, etc. Any help, reviews, suggestions would be awesome. Thanks
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 04:57 PM

"... her parents are letting us use their timeshare as a birthday gift and its available on all the islands..."

I would check which islands. Time shares are not available on ALL the islands.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 04:32 AM

And, even if there are time shares, they might not be available for the dates you want to travel.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

ok so we did some research and decided on st lucia beginning of may. staying at st james club morgan bay. any tips or suggestions on some activities to do? would love to explore the rain forest scuba dive and things like that just looking for some input on what places to book these tours with and which tours to do. thanks again
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 05:08 AM
KVR

Try sun Link Tours.

http://stluciareps.com/

We did the full Island tour and the jeep tour. Loved them. Also did the craft market and shopping mall.

I wished we would have budgeted for the day trips to Martinique and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. So regret not doing those now.

Have a great trip. St. Lucia is gorgeous.
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 05:18 AM

http://www.jungletoursstlucia.com/

We used these people when we were in St.Lucia. We had a wonderful time lots of laughs and an all around interesting day.
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 06:04 AM

FYI scuba is not very good there. St Lucia is big on scenery, gorgeous!
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 06:06 AM

PS beaches are just okay also. Great culture, great island vibe, brownish sand small beaches. Water dark navy blue, not the turquoise you might be picturing.

Does this mean don't go there? No it's Great, but it's not going to look like Beaches in Negril.
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 07:58 AM

The sea is not particularly nice at St James Club, Morgan Bay. Nice hotel and beach, but the sea is not clear. Reduit Beach is where the light sand beach is with clear water, probably the best on the island and the beaches in the south, around Anse Chastenet are really nice, but with darker sand and water, although very clear with good visibility for snorkelling (unless there is a storm or has been a storm recently) in the marine reserve. There are some nice photos on this website that gives an indication of how dark the water and sand is and how beautiful the island is.
http://www.ansechastanet.com/

Anse Cochon is another good snorkelling and swimming beach, it is where Ti Kaye Hotel is situated. I would recommend visiting some of these beaches if you like swimming in the sea.