Final Decision Based on Suggestions from Posters

Old May 15th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Melony

Final Decision Based on Suggestions from Posters

It would be really interesting if posters would let us know where they decided to vacation after people have given them recommendations. Some people do send a thank you which is nice but what was the final decision?

Old May 15th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Marti

I chose Sandals, St. Lucia! Considered Hawaii (too long a flight-- will go when we have more time), Bermuda (too expensive, too cold in Nov). Thanks for everyone's help!

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Cissy

We have decided on St. Bart's in October. Working on accommodations now. Received lots of very informative answers to my posts and I'm still picking several Fodorites brains in e-mail correspondence. Last year we went to Barbados and again, received great information. We tend to decide on our island first and then post to get useful information that we can't always get elsewhere such as actually experiences on the way to, arriving and during stays on islands. This site is extremely valuable!

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Jim

We've decided to spend a week at the Nisbet Plantation - based in part on the advice on this board. Several people sent me messages off-board, with pictures, and that was extremely helpful.<BR><BR>I enjoy the board a lot -- even the endless wacky St. Martin posts! It definitely helped with my research into honeymoon plans.<BR><BR>Jim

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:52 AM
J

we chose Peter Island in the BVI for a June getaway. Not a bad comment on this board or on wheretostay.com

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Ryan

Bucuti Beach Resort in Aruba. Haven't read a bad thing about it on any board (except one guy who had a corrupt travel agent).