Reload this Page >

Ferryboat Inn, Blue Waters, Allamanda?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 05:44 AM
Nathalie

Hi, <BR>We are going to Anguilla for the first time at the beginning of april. We are on a (tight) budget and I would appreciate any info on these places. Here are the infos I got so far. Ferryboat Inn is a little cheaper, the owners are very nice (they answered all my messages kindly) but I was wondering about the presence of the ferries nearby. And how is the beach there? For the Allamanda, the only thing we can afford is the studio. Does anyone know how big it is? Is it really worth staying in a small place on a sofa-bed, next to a nicer beach, instead of taking the Ferryboat appartment? Finally, the Blue Waters. I haven't received any news from my fax so I don't know how much is the one bedroom appartment. Does anyone of you out there know? The beach looks nice, though. So, if anyone could give me infos about these places, I would really appreciate it. <BR> <BR>Thank you! <BR> <BR>Nathalie in Montreal

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Joe

Hi Nathalie, <BR>We've stayed at Blue Waters 6 times. The apartments are beautiful and the beach is gorgeous. Going at the beginning of April probably has you in high season and their current rates probably run $235-250/night. If you are on strict budget and can possibly push your vacation to April 15th or beyond, you then are in low season and the same apartment would go for about $125-150/night.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 11:23 AM
Maureen

Hi Nathalie: <BR> <BR>My husband and I stayed at the Ferryboat Inn a couple of years ago. I thought it was a very nice, reasonable place. The apartments are large and bright with great views of St. Martin. The restaurant is very good as well. The beach is small and pebbly so you would need water shoes but I believe there's good snorkeling right offshore. What we did was rent a car and drive to Shoal Bay for our "beach time". Don't worry about the ferries. The Inn is not in the direct path. If you're on a budget, it's a good choice.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 06:59 AM
Julie

I just spoke with someone yesterday at Blue Waters. We're planning on visiting this summer and were quoted a price of $125.00 a nite for a one bedroom.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 07:16 AM
penny

Hi- I just wanted to add that some of the hotels etc. drop their rates April 1st on Anguilla. We had lunch at The Ferryboat Restaurant. As the other poster stated the ferries are not close to the Inn. I remember the beach thinking how tranquil and pleasent the location was at this spot. Blue Waters is very nice, you should check it out. The beach is great and so is their location.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 09:20 AM
Nathalie

Hello again, <BR>It seems it's kind of a bad timing for us, since the low season starts april 15 th (if it starts april 1st, it would be great... I'd like to know which hotels have these reduced rates!). The thing is, we are going for my 30th birthday and it's april 6th. We can only leave one week and it can't be later than that because of my husband's job and mine. <BR> <BR>Thanks to all who answered my message and I hope I'll get many other answers! <BR> <BR>Nathalie in Montreal

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 12:19 PM
Joe

Hi again, <BR>Unless I'm mistaken, the Rendezvous Bay Hotel, located on Rendezvous Bay, one of the most gorgeous beaches in Anguilla starts its low season on April 1st.Their rates almost certainly would fit a tight budget.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 12:32 PM
Sue

<BR>Hi Nathalie <BR>Seems we will be in Anguilla the same time! Try checking out Elodias and Millys inn, they are on shoal bay east a short walk from the beach and both are reasonable 150 a night. As long as you can live without air cond. they both are nice apartment type places.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 01:08 PM
anonymous

I would be very surprised that any place would be scheduled to be "off season" on April 1 this year since Easter is not even until the 15th. Last year in the Caribb most places extended high season to April 30 again due to the date of Easter. However, at this late date a owner or manager might be willing to negotiate some type of package to fill any empty rooms - if they have any. Some resorts do have a "shoulder season" which traditionally runs April 15 - May 15 then "low season" follows. Again that beginning date depends on the date of Easter/

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 02:20 PM
penny

Cap Juluca always drops their rates April 1 and so do many other hotels on Anguilla. They are probably booked but yes it is absolutely April 1.