Search

Feedback on St. Thomas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 1999, 07:33 AM
Sarah

Feedback on St. Thomas

I am attempting to plan a trip to St. Thomas and am trying to decide between the Wyndham Sugar Bay, the Marriott Frenchman's Reef and a Renassance hotel. I'm leaning more towards Wyndam. .. anyone have any experiences s/he would like to share? Thanks!

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 05:19 AM
Cheri

We stayed at the Renaissance. It was beautiful, the breakfast buffet was out of this world, the dinners were a little fancy for our taste, the pool was really nice, and the beach was lousey. It was small and had a lot of boats in the water and when you came out you were covered with eelgrass. I was by there last May and they have added jet skis.... <BR> <BR>Don't know about the other hotels, but I have stayed at 2 Wyndhams and they were over rated and not worth the $$.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 05:19 AM
Cheri

We stayed at the Renaissance. It was beautiful, the breakfast buffet was out of this world, the dinners were a little fancy for our taste, the pool was really nice, and the beach was lousey. It was small and had a lot of boats in the water and when you came out you were covered with eelgrass. I was by there last May and they have added jet skis.... <BR> <BR>Don't know about the other hotels, but I have stayed at 2 Wyndhams and they were over rated and not worth the $$.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 05:59 AM
lisa

I was married at the Wyndam in July.I loved this resort. The food is good and the drinks are plentiful.My room was large,book one on floors 1-3 for amazing ocean views of other islands. The pool area is large and very nice. The beach is small,but nice. The water is great for swimming and snorkeling off the right side of the beach by the boulders. There is a gym,basketball courts,tennis courts,pooltable and ping pong. This resort is about 5 min drive to Cruz Bay, where you take a 20 min. water taxi ride to St. John,which I recommend.E-mail me if you want more details.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 11:16 AM
Parrot Mom

We stayed at the Wyndom in February...weather was cool as was the pool water...We had dinner almost every night in the dining room which is by reservation only and should be booked at breakfast. The rooms are large and the balcony is nice, especially if your overlooking the beach...Breakfast buffets were excellent, but the hamburg shack near the pool was fantastic.. several weddings there while we were there... For more informatoin please write and I'll tell you as much as I can..

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 07:55 AM
Dave

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance this past February and plan on returning this coming February. Our room, the lowest catagory, was very spacious and included a refrigerator. Many of the guest room buildings are built up on the side of a hill. The views are great, but you need to be able to climb several flights of steps to get to many of the rooms. I believe the hotel does provide trasportation to the rooms for those who request it. We rented a Jeep and were constantly exploring the various beaches and local sites, so we never actually ate at the hotel. We have some great recommendations if you would like them. Those we talked to liked the food but thought is was a bit pricy. The beach is rather small, not the one shown in their brochure which highlights VI attractions, but is in a cove and semi-protected from the high waves. I believe both Wyndham and Marriott are out on a point and may have rougher waters. Coral World, one of the better places for skornelling, is a two minute walk from the hotel. You can use snorkel gear free from the hotel dive shop for the length of your stay. We picked it up a the dive shop and brought it with us to the other beaches we visited. From what we've seen the package pricing for the Renaissance seems to be less expensive than the other two you are looking at, but it certainly is a matter of your own tastes and what you enjoy doing on vacation. Let me know if we can be of any further help.