Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Feedback on family vacation at The Buccaneer in St. Croix please.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2001, 04:11 PM
nina

We are looking for a nice caribbean resort for our family vacation in March. We have 2 sons, who are 9 and 12. Are there many other kids or activities for them at The Buccaneer? We like an elegant but unstuffy atmosphere. The all-inclusives like Beaches seem a little to glitzy for our taste. Can anyone comment on the suitability of the Buccaneer or can you suggest another resort that is great for families? Thanks so much.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Todd Schafer

Go to the Winjammer Landing in St. Lucia with those kids. The resort is great with 2 pools most of the kids hang at the pool close to the beach. The four restaraunts are pretty good. Look at the reviews on this resort for families. We took our 4 year old in 1999. She is now seven and has elected to go back to Winjammer over Disney World this summer. Hope this helps.I've looked at the Buccaneer, but all I can say is once you see the beauty of St. Lucia well St. Croix will not measure up in my opinion. I used to do business in the Caribbean and have spent extensive time in Tahati, Bora Bora, ie travelled a lott and St.Lucia is my favorite Island. For the kids, and you and your spouse this would be a good choice.<BR><BR>Todd D. <BR><BR>Todd

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:32 AM
nina

Thanks Tod, I'll look into the Windjammer. Can anyone who has stayed at the Buccaneer with kids comment? Thanks.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 07:52 AM
nina

TTT

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 10:46 PM
K

Can't comment on the kids part, but we have been to both resorts. <BR>I don't remember seeing many children at the Buccaneer, but then I really wasn't looking for them either. I do remember seeing children at the Windjammer. If I had to choose between the two islands my choice would St. Lucia as it is a gorgeous island, but I am speaking from an adult view point. I do remember that the Windjammer did have a lot of water activies.<BR>If you do consider St. Lucia I would check out the Hilton Jalousie. Whatever you decide, ask the different resorts if the cater to children and what children's activities they have.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 10:26 AM
lp

We have taken our girls to several islands and the Hyatt in Aruba was by far their favorite. The pool and beach were great. Very safe island to bring children and they were welcomed everywhere we went. We did the island tour and some water activities while there, too. We had a wonderful time. Hope it helps.