Reload this Page >

Favorite Restaurants in the BVI?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 09:44 PM
Charles

What are you're favorite restaurants in the BVI, and where are they? I'm primarily looking for good food, but reasonable price is nice as well. I'd appreciate it if anyone had some suggestions to offer. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 10:38 PM
Louis

Without question -- our favorite restaurant in the BVI is the one at the Old Yard Inn on Virgin Gorda. Check it at http://oldeyardinn.com. With a car this is an excellent place to stay with comfortable rooms to explore Virgin Gorda. When we were last there dinners were much superior to what we have eaten at Little Dix when it was a Rock Resort. <BR>The inn is an outstanding value if you don't demand being walking distance to the beach.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 03:04 AM
Eva

My favorite is C&F in Roadtown. This is not fine dining -- it's real island food, grilled to perfection by Chef Clarence. Large portions, fabulous food, good prices, and unbeatable island atmosphere. Don't let the motley appearance scare you away. I love this place because it doesn't put on airs and delivers far more than your expectations.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 08:51 AM
Pam

Cooper Island - but you'll need a boat to get there. Their website is: www.cooper-island.com

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 08:57 AM
amber

My favorite is Sebastians on Tortola. Then it's the Lime & Mango. Sebastians is wonderful, right on the beach too!

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 09:03 PM
Charles

Thank you for all the suggestions - they all sound interesting. I'm going to be on a sailboat (best way to go around the BVI!) so I can get to things by boat. I'm willing to take a taxi on land if the place is good. where on Tortola are the 2 suggested above, by the way? <BR> <BR>Thanks again, <BR>Charles

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 06:32 PM
Louis

Since you are boating you should moor for the night at Cooper Island. You will like the food, bar and atmosphere there. Since Pursers now runs Marina Cay that is another stopping place for meals. The the restaurant has a nice location part way up the side of the island. Another place is the Sandcastle at Yost Van Dyke. While I am not certain that they take outsiders and if they do you need a reservation, you can live it up at Biras Creek, the top place for food in the BVI. It is easily reached by foot from the Bitter End. The other two places are Drakes Anchorage and Peter Island both stops by boat. If they let you go to Anegada, the lobster is the best in the world.

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 05:41 AM
Penny

Hi-We had a great time at Sebastians,I believe it is on Apple Bay(not sure)but definitly not far from Long Bay. Bombas Beach Shack nearby. Go there for fun after dinner. <BR>

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 02:00 PM
Ray Snow

Hi Charles, <BR>I wholeheartedly agree with Eva about C&F Restaurant in Road Town. Huge portions of tasty food at reasonable prices. They have about the best ribs you'll ever find. And I agree with Louis about Pusser's at Marina Cay. They also have a restaurant at least as good at Sopers Hole in the West End of Tortola. Both of these places are usually stops for BVI sailors. My favorite restaurant in the BVI and the world is Brandywine Bay (3 or 4 miles east of RT off the south coast road). It is NOT inexpensive but it has wonderful cuisine, service, views, and atmosphere. 2 people can dine with wine for under $100 although you can spend much more if you are so inclined. Take away the wine and extras and 2 can dine for under $70. <BR>Regards, <BR>Ray

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 08:32 PM
Charles

THanks once again everyone. I've eaten at 4 of the Pussers, so I'm fairly familiar with them. Actually, I think I've eaten at all of the Pussers Not the worst endorsement.... <BR> <BR>Does anyone have a favorite in Cruz bay on St. JOhn? I've eaten at Mongoose junction...

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 11:53 PM
Karen

Cruz Bay, St. John, would offer you Asolare (with a fusion flair), Ellington's (at Gallows - ask for upstairs) and Dining with Andre (in the Lumberyard - Chilly's Billy's by daylite!). Hearing good things about Stone Terrace but haven't tried it yet and if you enjoyed Mongoose, you might enjoy the new Duffy's in Cruz Bay! A ride up to Chateau Bordeaux is worthwhile at sunset! BTW, I avoid Pusser's for "dining" at all costs anywhere and found Brandywine Bay way overpriced and overrated (two scallops sent back twice because the chef prefers them rare (or they hadn't thawed completely before cooking) does not an entree make!!! I did enjoy the dining at Biras Creek on Virgin Gorda. Concur with the Cooper Island choice!

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 04:51 AM
Penny

I agree with Karen Ascolare is very good,light fare interesting food,Paradiso in Mongoose Junction-really great food ,they changed there menu about 2 years ago,now one of our favorites.New little Italian rest-up from Chase corner in ZoZos. We love Cruz Bay-we stay at Caneel and go into town. The Caneel Bar-upper deck is fun for lunch,outstanding view of Caneel Beadc.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 04:53 AM
Penny

Sorry-Caneel Beach!!!!

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 08:21 PM
Charles

Thank you once again everyone for your posts. This has been very useful