Family Villa suggestions

Search

Family Villa suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Villa suggestions

We are trying to plan a family vacation for July or August 2006 (we are flexible)in the Carribean. We are a family of 5 (kids 13,11,8). We have stayed on Cat Island (loved it!) and Nassau (not for us!). We don't like the big resorts and are looking for a beachfront location which offers enough for the kids (swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, etc.) but is somewhat private. I think a villa would be our best bet, but there are so many options. We've been focusing on T&C but are open to suggestions. Anyone?
Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 05:06 PM

hi bub, for villas on provo start looking at
www.marketplacevillas.com www.prestigiousproperties.com www.seafeathers.com www.caribbeanway.com www.elliottholdings.com
www.tciway.tc
www.tcimall.com
www.northshorevillas.com
without knowing your budget it is difficult to recommend particular houses. but after you find some you like i can help you select based on location, etc. one thought is bella sur mer. close to good snorkeling, directly on beach, pool.
good sites for general info is www.provo.net or www.wherewhenhow.com
Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 07:21 PM

Try the Cayman Islands. It is beautiful and more layed back.
Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 07:31 PM

even though you're considering T&C, i thought since you loved Cat Island you may find the BVI's appealing. mostly for being laid back/no huge resorts/beautiful beaches,snorkeling,kayaking or just relaxing. some great restaurants/bars/music to enjoy !!two islands you should check out are Tortola and Virgin Gorda.there are many villas to rent on each, with Virgin Gorda having the best selection right on the beach !! both islands have much to offer. here are 2 companies that rent villas on these islands: www.mclaughlinanderson.com and www.purplepineapple.com ...both are excellent agencies that have been doing business for yrs., with some beautiful villas to offer !!these are islands where you can leave your "sunday best" at home....very casual so you can keep your baggage to a min./with 5 of you it can add up !! just thought i'd throw it out to you !! good luck !!
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your suggestions. Started researching Virgin Gorda and fell in love! I will take a look at the links Tess sent.
We were looking at the Mango Bay Resort as a possibility. The reviews seemed to be positive and the location looks fabulous. We would appreciate hearing from anyone with suggestions/comments re: VG.