Hello fellow travelers!
My BF and I are in the process of booking five nights in Exuma for the last week of August. We have recently learned this means we’ll be there during the rainy season. We're okay with a few passing showers, or one rainy day, but I don't want to book the trip if general consensus is that its really a terrible time to go. While of course we can't completely predict the weather, generally speaking, can anyone offer their opinion if its okay to make the trip this time of year? A few specific questions we're wondering… any thoughts or advice you could provide would be very much appreciated. : )
1) Given it is "off season", will there still be fun things to do?
2) Will hotels, restaurants and other venues still host activities like live music?
3) In the event of a rainy day, how do people stay busy? Are there things at the resorts or in town that are good on bad weather days?
4) Do you find storms in the rainy season are heavy and short (as I know some tropical storms can be)? Or can they be all day?
5) Generally speaking any "do not miss" recs (restaurants, things in town, etc.). For sure we'll visit the pics and boat around the cays a bit. : )
We are open to rescheduling our visit for the winter when it is less rainy, if you think that is much better. Either way we will definitely be coming, I think we just need a little help to decide when. : )
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Avast Renewal Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care!vs**
- 2 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 3 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 4 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 5 Hilton Aruba
- 6 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 7 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 8 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 9 Which Island to visit
- 10 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 11 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 12 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 13 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 14 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 15 Taking Items to Cuba
- 16 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 17 Bermuda Restaurants
- 18 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 19 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 20 Christmas vacation
- 21 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 22 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 23 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 24 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 25 NYE in Punta Cana
Hello fellow travelers!